GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for about six weeks now since I picked up my brand new 2014 Blackout Level 1. I have learned a lot from reading the posts on here and decided it is a community that I would like to be a part of. I have actually owned 7 bikes prior to this, both street and dirt. The last one was a 92 Nighthawk 750 back in 95. I was unable to ride due to continually deteriorating hips and ended up having both hips replaced in 2009. After healing for a year, I visited a motorcycle shop while on vacation just to see if I could even throw a leg over a bike. Surprise! No problem! It has taken me this long to actually make the purchase. One reason is my somewhat deliberate nature that keeps me from making rash decisions (both a blessing and a curse). Another was the desire to be financially at a point where the purchase would have no impact on my ability to care for my family. With my previous bikes I never bothered to get a motorcycle license though all of the street bikes were tagged and insured. This time I decided to do it the right way. I started with the MSF course. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it. I don't have all the riding gear yet; having a little trouble deciding, but I do wear over the ankle shoes, jeans and gloves along with a 3/4 helmet when I ride. I think I'm getting a pretty good start since I have almost 1K miles on the Wing in 6 weeks. I ignored the warnings about going straight from no bike to a Goldwing and am glad I did. Sure, it's a handful at low speed, but my ability to handle those situations improves daily as I apply what I learned from the MSF class. Wish me luck at keeping the shiny side up and plan on hearing from me from time to time as I acquire riding gear and ride some of the beautiful roads accessible to me from East Tennessee. (No, I haven't ridden the Dragon yet)

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Congratulations on your new Wing and welcome to the forum.

It can get "interesting" around here sometimes. Wear a cup.

·
Registered
576 Posts
U Tube

Go to U Tube and search for yellow wolf. And then don't try riding the dragon the way he does. He's special.

·
Chard Member
12,964 Posts
Thought you had to buy a Harley from Colboch if you lived in Morristown. Surprise! lol

Enjoy the new scoot. Wave to all my people when you ride through Washburn and Tazewell.

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the miles of smiles.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Congratulations on your new Wing and welcome to the forum.

It can get "interesting" around here sometimes. Wear a cup.
:lol: :lol: :clap2:

If you have been lurking for a while you likely know what bgross is talking about. If not, it won't take long. ;)

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go to U Tube and search for yellow wolf. And then don't try riding the dragon the way he does. He's special.
LOL. Pretty sure I've seen ALL of his vids already. If I catch him in my rear view, I will move over!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thought you had to buy a Harley from Colboch if you lived in Morristown. Surprise! lol

Enjoy the new scoot. Wave to all my people when you ride through Washburn and Tazewell.

Sent from iPhone
Made several trips to Colboch and actually made an offer there. Glad they didn't accept as it was on a Dyna Switchback. Don't think I would have been happy with it, just wasn't big enough to be comfortable for me. I'm 6'0" and 300 lbs. Certainly don't have anything against HD and may own an Ultra Classic some day.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:lol: :lol: :clap2:

If you have been lurking for a while you likely know what bgross is talking about. If not, it won't take long. ;)

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:
Old hat. Get my nads smashed regularly!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You'll do just fine here. :lol:

I love the look of the blacked out Wing. A dark tinted shorty wind screen would look bad a** on that bike! :yes1:
I think the shorty black windscreen would look unbalanced on the wing (rear seat would be higher than the windscreen). Love the look on the F6B though. Actually, have my eye on the black Kuryakyn grips for my next farkle purchase. Functional AND cool...

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Welcome! to our family....... "That's one pretty machine you have there"!..................Sure beats the Altra..............4 sure!
Ronnie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts