GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michigan finally got decent enough to put some miles on the new wing. It had 11 on it when i started and i went about 50 miles total. First the DCT will take some getting used too. The bike is smooth, I mean really smooth. Im coming off a 2014 HD Ultra so that is my comparison. Gobs of power, handles really easy. I will have to get used to less space for "stuff" but so far this is an amazing machine. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Michigan finally got decent enough to put some miles on the new wing. It had 11 on it when i started and i went about 50 miles total. First the DCT will take some getting used too. The bike is smooth, I mean really smooth. Im coming off a 2014 HD Ultra so that is my comparison. Gobs of power, handles really easy. I will have to get used to less space for "stuff" but so far this is an amazing machine. Thanks for reading.

I see you are from Michigan, I’m over near the thumb , how about you? You made a great choice in getting a goldwing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see you are from Michigan, I’m over near the thumb , how about you? You made a great choice in getting a goldwing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Over in Utica. I was gonna take a ride up through the thumb on sunday but it looks like rain.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We should hook up for a ride when the weather breaks, I am only about 40-50 miles from you. About a mile off exit 131 on I -75.
Sounds like a plan.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
i know the feeling in Indiana. it warmed up a bit so I took mine out and did about 50 miles. didnt want to get off of it.

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
Riding the DCT just gets better & better. It makes riding fun again

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
First the DCT will take some getting used too.
I've got a few more miles than you do. It's just been too cold, too wet, or too icy to put any miles on since I picked mine up. That said, the DCT does take some getting used to, but after about 200 miles I'm getting really comfortable (though certainly not expert) with it. I figure by 400 miles, I should be relatively competant, and at 1,000 I'll peak out...

Right now, I'm working on remembering to force a downshift before I enter a corner, so I can accelerate easier out of it. I don't find myself reaching for the clutch much anymore, but my left foot still tries to find the shift pedal... :surprise:

Reactions: bigrobtemp

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really need to get some miles on it. Im sure getting it down will not be a problem but getting better weather might be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts