GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got home from wing ding 33 and almost 2000 miles on our new ct. My first thought' we love it!

We rode everything from the Great Smokey Mountain Expresssway to the interstate and not one thing I can find negative.

We rode two up with a fully loaded trailer and she purred like a kitten. My wife raved about how smooth the drive was everyday and in the early mornings and through several rain showers in the mountains, I felt a lot better knowing how much more surface we had on the road.

I started off slow not knowing what to expect but by day 2' I had pretty much forgotten we were on a ct. This is one dark sider that will never go back!

I looked around for others at WD but never found any until one day in the parkng lot when I met a rider who stopped to tell me how much he liked the look on our bike. He had been riding behind us a while and as wewere talking, several others stopped in to join te conversation, within minutes, we found 6 other dark siders?

The best thing we liked while in knoxville was the safe feeling we had everyday leaving our cabin. When we booked the cabin we asked to make sure there was no gravel drive but failedto ask about the incline. It was as close ro 45% as you cold get and the early morning dew, made it a bit slick. We had no problems with the extra grip. We affectionatly called our private drive, sphincter road as it certainly closed up when you started up the drive each day and night( on the first night, i had to run the 5 miles back to the main road for drinks and everybody said if I had a problem, i would have had to wait until daylight for help as they would not even walk down!)

I'll leave more details later but, almost 2000 miles and one of the best rides we have ever done.

Thanks for all the inpuy from this board that helped us go to the Dark Side!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Nice report......what tire are you using?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Sounds like a house we rented in Waynesville, NC. Only difference was it was a gravel drive, and a tru b***h to ride up or down. One guy with a new Harley didn't trust himself to ride his bike on the drive - he had one of the other guys ride it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tire is a Bridgestone Turanza 300 er ii runflat and we are running a 32.5. I have tms and highest i saw it run up to was 39 and that was after a long run at highway speeds and 93 degree weather.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Great report pirate.:congrats:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Congrats on the CT and glad you enjoyed your trip to TN. There are several DS'ers around these hills! :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats:Welcome to the Darkside! If you are ever up Wisconsin way, stop in an see Rail23 for some Darksider cookies! Glad you had a great trip!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
:congrats:Welcome to the Darkside! If you are ever up Wisconsin way, stop in an see Rail23 for some Darksider cookies! Glad you had a great trip!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
My Darkside cookie deputy is on it as usual!! Come on up I would love to see that particuar tire in action. Cookies are on counter for you !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts