GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went for a ride for the first time since breaking my leg at Deal's Gap last June. It was great to finally get going again. Although the ride was on my wife's 1100 Shadow Tourer, I'm working up to taking the Iron Eagle for a spin as soon as the weather warms up again.

I sure did miss riding and envied all of you as you reported your trips, travels and rides. It was excruciatingly difficult to sit by the wayside as you all passed me by.

Meanwhile, I'm "back in the saddle again," and will be riding the roads as often as possible in the coming months. I hope to see you there.

Man, it's great to be back!

·
Registered
605 Posts
It must have been hell not being able to ride, and that it happened right at the peak of the season. At least you will be good to go for this season. I am sure you are not the first one to get in trouble at Deal's Gap. What is the Iron Eagle? I was born in Omaha and was in Lincoln many times. It looks like old man winter is loosiing his grip in our area. SO LETS JUST RIDE!!!! Aint it fun??

Dick

·
Registered
824 Posts
Glad your back in the saddle. Take it easy, don't push, and let it come natural. You'll be flying soon enough.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey Bob, glad to hear you're back at it.
I'll try and look you up the next time I'm in town.

:rat: Bake

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Back

Iron Eagle -- Welcome back to being on wheels. Now take it easy for a while. I have not been on a bike since November due to the surgery in early Dec and am hoping to get the clearance from the surgeon next week. Will be interesting putting on a helmet -- perhaps my chin will drop to my chest.

I plan to go to the Hoot this year and take in many of those great roads back there -- have not ridden them since the late 70s, so should be lots of fun. Hopefully all the morons will stay on their side of the road.

Hope all continues to go well and get better for you.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Glad to hear you're back on two wheels!

Take it slow... don't wanna get set back again! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for the kind messages of encourgement. I do plan to take it easy and make sure I'm ready for riding.

BigD, the Iron Eagle is a 2001 Pearl Blue GL1800. I know, there's not much "iron" on a GL1800, but I named it more for its ability to be reliable, trustworthy and solid. So far, it has not let me down.

And Bake, I look forward to you coming to Lincoln. We'll have a coffee!

Cheers,

·
Registered
58 Posts
FeHombre

good to have you back in the saddle. I am a uofN grad in 64 and again in 68. Lot's of good lincoln memories!
glad you back....the most important thing tho?? if you fell of the bike in the breaking of you leg, how's the bike? :lol:

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Glad you're back on the road! Maybe you should stay away from the mountains on the bikes until you get your "sea legs" back! LOL...

Welcome back to two wheels! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts