GL1800Riders Forums banner

First ride on my wing!!!

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Stobby 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Well rode the wing home from the dealer today and it was GREAT!!!! :D WOW what a bike :D
You were all right, the bike is Great to ride and my last bike was a ZX9R and this wing is fast as he**!!
I want to thank everyone who help me with my posts and I hope to meet you all someday soon on a nice ride!!

G
#5 ·
Hi Pete:

I am a new 1800 rider also. I took delivey last Fall, and my ride home from the dealer was about 30 miles in 47 degree weather, on a machine I was not very familiar with, in 5:30 rush hour traffic. and getting dark! It was intense, but a great lesson in how sweet the machine is. I didn't ride it much after that before weather closed in here in MI. But I rode just enough to get pumped! I am ready to roll!

You are in for a great experience, as am I.

Congrats, and ride with great care. THINK SPRING! and SUMMER!!!!!!!!

#12 ·
New Ride

Volvotec: Congrats on your new 1800. I felt the same way when I rode my new 2002 GL1800 the 50-mile ride home.
I strongly recommend you find your nearest GWRRA chapter and get involved with the rides, rallys, and fellowship. My wife and i rode solo and with one or two buddies on "other brands" of bikes before we found and got involved with GWRRA. It adds another dimension to your riding life. Trust me.......... join GWRRA and you'll really have fun on your 1800. Ride Safe...... Stobby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.