GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear it's good luck to ride your motorcycle on January 1st. So, post your photos here. (I'll add mine when I get back.)

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Mine's still in my garage "shaking" cause it's toooooooooooooo cold to ride :eek:4::eek:4:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Raining now, and will be raining for the rest of the day here. No riding will be done, but I will eat some black-eyed peas & collard greens. :yes1:

·
Registered
201 Posts
7 of us from the chapter did about 140 miles round trip for lunch

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
New Years RTE by Tennessee members to Cumberland Falls State Resort Park. Had lunch, chatted, headed for home. Short but sweet and enjoyed talking with and putting faces with some of the members. Eleven bikes and only two had motorcycle tires on the rear! 447 miles round-trip for me. Started in Clarksville at 0645 and 22 degrees. Temperature was much nicer for the ride home.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Riding on January 1st is usually not an option for many of us that have to reside in the more northern states. Most years the bike gets put away until spring. Rain washed some of the salt of the roads around here last Saturday (January 10) and yesterday (Monday) I managed to escape for a short trip out to the NH sea coast. It's one of my favorite short, 3 to 4 hour rides.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
No Pics

Went out on the 1st to look at the roads first, thought it was blowing snow on the road (That's OK, I've ridden in it before), then realized it was blowing salt powder. Roads were completely white. No thanks, I just sat in the garage and made voom-voom sounds. (And I wouldn't let my wife take pictures of that)

John

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I haven't been able to do my first ride this year because of back surgery I had on Dec. 17 but I am gonna take a shot at it on Jan. 24. The sports car races at Daytona are calling me.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Here is one from the start of the new year. Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Sky
That is my wife posing with the new ride at the time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
CMA patch?

7 of us from the chapter did about 140 miles round trip for lunch
Hyperrcng,
Do you ride with the CMA? I recognize that backpatch. I'm with the Redeemed Riders from Palestine, TX. What chapter are you with?

2,731 Posts
Kind of late but here are my pics from first ride of year.

This post is kind of late but didn't have my camera along when I rode up the Big Thompson Canyon on the 2nd of January so am posting pictures of the ride that I rerode yesterday. The pictures below are of the damage to the houses after the flood in the canyon but the pictures are current as of January 19, 2014. They are representative of many more, especially the homes up the Glen Haven fork of the river.

Geological phenomenon Soil Winter
Geological phenomenon Water House Wave Home
Geological phenomenon House Property Home Building
House Property Home Geological phenomenon Winter

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First Ride Photo

So, it's late in January--the 26th. The temperature finally got up to 50+ for more than 5 minutes. So, where did I go for my first ride of the year? WalMart of course! It was a great ride. No surprise, I took the long way home.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts