GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By some fluke, we hit 47 today after 30 days of below freezing temps.
By the time I got home I had enough time left to back this virgin out of the garage, drive up to the gas station and filler up and logged the first 12.1 miles on it!

Cools off quick when the sun goes down!

I can tell you now, 12.1 miles is not enough to get comfortable and scope out every facet of riding this machine for the first time, especially with road conditions from pretty good to slop, water, slush (avoided as much as the bad stuff I could). The first 10 miles was getting the grin on my face to relax so I could concentrate on everything else.

I get the biggest kick out of people here in MN when you take a bike out this early on the first 'warm' day. The groundhog ain't got nothing on this!
They stop, wave, doubletakes, honk, it's just darn funny.

Now, how do I make it the next few days? Snow predicted for tomorrow and friday :cry:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
MnXWinger said:
Now, how do I make it the next few days? Snow predicted for tomorrow and friday :cry:
Way to go....it may be a short first ride, but they will get longer :D As far as the next few days.....have you considered trailering your Wing to a warmer climate...should only take a handfull of hours driving time...and you can do it for safety! :drive1: Getting familar with the controls, handling, grin containment, etc. , in a setting of drive roads...much safer :D

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
MnXW...I know how you feel. I took a 75mile ride today. The roads here were pretty clear; some water now and then. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow. :lol:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
my wings all tore apart waiting for a new windshield right now, but rolled the pacific coast out today, charged the battery and let it run for a while. i will take it for a cruise thursday afternoon.

i cleaned the garage for a while and almost forgot about it running--couldnt hear it running--its so quiet.

loren

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey, MXW, nice to see pic of your new Wing and to read you got the tires dirty. The 40+degrees yesterday sure were nice. Maybe just a few more weeks before real riding weather. Checked the battery over the weekend, and made hotel reservations for Homecoming last night, so doing little things to keep the riding fever in check.

GoldWingGuy
Lakeville, MN
'03 Silver

1 - 5 of 5 Posts