GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Glad
Having ridden my ST1300 for 20,000 miles and my GL1800 for 60,000 miles, I thought I was riding an ST1800.
So in 25 words or less, I thought I’d describe my overall impression:

??????????????????????????????????????????
Glad you like it...I love the new 6-speed transmission.. a more refined transmission that is crisp, smooth and quiet...its a huge upgrade over the old models 5-speed...Honda really doesn't get enough credit for the 6- speed transmission

·
Registered
208 Posts
Glad you like it...I love the new 6-speed transmission.. a more refined transmission that is crisp, smooth and quiet...its a huge upgrade over the old models 5-speed...Honda really doesn't get enough credit for the 6- speed transmission
I agree too. With all the praise about the DCT, the 6 speed manual is really a nice gearbox. Much smoother than the 6 speed in my old R1200RT. Plus, it's about time they joined the 6 speed club.. :).

I do wonder at times what the DCT/manual sale ratio is. When I was looking for a leftover 2018, the manuals seemed easier to find (which is just fine by me :) )

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Congrats. I enjoy the DCT but do wonder how the new 6 Speed feels by comparison. I am one of those guys who moves on from a bike after a few years and did let resale play a part of my decision. No regrets but I do not know what I am missing because I never tried the manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts