GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked it all up. Plugged the controller in the powerlet. Then I plugged the black controller wire into the black plug on the jacket. Turned on the black knob and the yellow light came on steady. Turned it up on high and waited about 4 or 5 minutes.

Didn't feel any heat.

Could I have not waited long enough? Could it be because it's 80 degrees out?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
No do not think it has anything to do with outside temp. That jacket or liner on high will make you a roasted peanut.

Something not hooked up right, or just cause it is new ,the lead wire into the jacket could be broken, something not right .

It is an internal variable rheostat control, the more you turn it the more voltage it allows to flow through the heated gear, basic and simple, so something is not right.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
gotta agree with Kit. You should be able to start feeling heat within a minute or so. "Something" isn't connected correctly.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
The yellow light should flash slowly when the knob is just turned on. The light should flash faster as you increase the temp. When you have it set to full, the light should be steady. Based on your description, the controller doesn't sound like it is behaving correctly.

You should feel the heat immediately when on full. And it will be quite hot regardless of the outside temp.

I hooked it all up. Plugged the controller in the powerlet. Then I plugged the black controller wire into the black plug on the jacket. Turned on the black knob and the yellow light came on steady. Turned it up on high and waited about 4 or 5 minutes.

Didn't feel any heat.

Could I have not waited long enough? Could it be because it's 80 degrees out?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I have a Gerbing liner and power goes in the white on the liner.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Welcome to Winter riding... it does take some time to heat up... it isn't "instant"...
Oh ya, it's instant all right! I zip my jacket up tight and crank it to high and I feel the heat in 20 seconds! Maybe the Canadian versions are better designed this way! Hehe! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts