GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking for probably a year looking around and then decided to go with a goldwing trike. I took a motorcycle safety class since I have not ridden in 15 years, and then nothing as big as a GW. I enjoyed the class so much I decided to ride on two wheels for a while before triking. I looked around for a while and really liked the yellow color, but also really liked the 2012 features. So what the heck I can always paint one the color I want, so I just rode home my red level 3 2012. Everyone was right, I kept looking down to see if the bike was as big as it looked since it rode just like a smaller bike. Needless to say my adrenaline is pumping and I have a smile on my face, I may just stay on two wheels for a long while.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot. It's nice to have options and know that you can 'trike it out' anytime you want to.

Enjoy the new wheels and may the sun always be on your face and the wind at your back.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats:on your new purchase! Ride safe!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the Madd House.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Welcome to the 2012 Red Level III Club.... Seems to be a few of us. Congrates!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats.

I imagine that took some guts after so long off a bike.
But you will enjoy every minute of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am beginning to think the Red Level 3 is the most popular setup from what I am seeing.

Oh and yes I just bought a Red Level 3 :p This is my first Goldwing.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats! :thumbup: My first wing too.. Makes me wish I got one long ago.. I've never owned a bike where every ride is a joy and I anticipate getting on the bike every time I have a ride planned.. this must be true love! :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats.

I imagine that took some guts after so long off a bike.
But you will enjoy every minute of it.

I was really nervous, and the motorcycle course really refreshed me. Still am nervous after my whopping 36 miles. Looking forward to practice, practice, and more practice.

I was also pleasantly surprised how helpful the nav system is. Haven't ridden with the audio system on yet. Ha, I am really a newby,but everyone has to be a newb sometime.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Doctoss hang in there. More miles equates to more confidence. This my first heavy weight bike too. So far got caught in two major rain storms, ugly traffic jam on 98 degree day, played Russian roulette with the cagers during rush hour, and dropped her in slow speed turn on an incline. Me the wife, and the red head all survived unscratched.

·
Registered
100 Posts
first goldwing

I moved from a star 1300 to a 2012 red level 3 So far so good a little geting slow speed turns down. seems to work better in 2 gear
Brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good job on enjoying two wheels as long as you can! (I'm 55 and have been riding for 43 years, and I hope to be riding into my 70's!!)

·
Registered
863 Posts
congratulations on the new ride. i'm likeing mine too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts