GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not being lazy, I am genuinely "shopping challenged." I'm ready to on-line purchase a pair of Mesh-Tex jackets from Direct Line but can't find where they have the women's jackets by Firstgear for my wife. (we tried on the different sizes yesterday at a local shop so I know what we need... I just want to finally do business with Direct Line) Their phone is only answered on weekdays during normal east coast business hours. Since I am on the west coast this is a bit challenging. Does anyone know if Direct Line sells the women's sizes of the Firstgear Mesh-Tex jackets?

Thanks for any help,
Dorian

2,732 Posts
Had same problem..

I tried to order something from Direct Line and had to enter some number in the order to finish it. Could never figure out where the number could be obtained so gave it up and got it at my local motorcycle store. It's not that I would order some stuff but does it have to be such a "big process"?

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Normally Easy

Not sure on your particularl problems, but I've ordered thousands of dollars of stuff over the years for both my Valk and Wing and never had any problems with the system not working. I recently ordered a Mesh-Tex jacket for me and had no problem at all, picking the color and then the size. Fast delivery also. Not sure about ladies sizes as I did not seem them there, so maybe they do not carry them. I'd give a call tom them tomorrow and see about that.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Dorian - In addition to Honda Direct Line, since you're in the bay area you might try one of the many Cycle Gear stores that are located throughout the Bay area. I purchased mine there and had a variety of color choices in my size and it also gave me a good idea about the fit. Failing that, you might also try Road Rider on Monterey Road in San Jose as they also have a large inventory of everything....

http://www.cyclegear.com/store.cfm

http://www.roadridermca.com/

Both also over them at discount.

DaleC

·
Registered
221 Posts
FirstGear also has Tall sizes available. To my knowledge HondaDirect Line only carries the standard mens sizes. If you want Tall or Women's sizes you can order them through your local Dealer or Cyclegear. My Dealer matched HDL's price on the FirstGear Jackets.

:yw1:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dale,

I was over at RoadRider yesterday where my wife and I tried on the jackets. I figured it was time to give Hal and company some of our business just because I really appreciate the input he offers in the motorcycling community. But everytime I'm making a purchase, Direct Line seems to come up with a new way to keep from taking my money!

This morning I called Direct Line and enquired about the Female sizes in the Mesh-Tex jacket. Yes they carry them. Great! Lets order. "Sorry, Firstgear doesn't carry the women's in Silver." Hmmmm, Road Rider must be carrying last year's model.

Bummer. I'll have to run over to Road Rider at lunch time to pick up that silver women's Mesh-Tex that looked so good on my wife yesterday.

It always something. And usually its not Direct Line's fault.

Dorian

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
If you already know what you need, here's a place that has them on closeout for $109. I bought mine here and was very pleased with the service.

www.imotorcyclestore.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts