GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me any feed back on the new and redesigned Fish Kick Stand? When they first came out they stood the bike up more than I liked it to.

Just wondering if the new design is any better or worse?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Go for it. The bike leans on the Fish sidestand the same as stock (length is the same as stock). The footprint is at least 2-3 times that of the original. Works on all surfaces, hot ashpalt, soft grassy areas, etc.

And as an added benefit, it adds a nice touch of chrome. Looks good even if you're not into the "bling thing."

Jim

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I bought a Fish from Hal awhile back. The gripe I have with it is the chrome plating is peeling. :evil: It does stand the bike up at the original height as Honda wanted it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The new Fish side stand hit the bottom of my Kuryakyn floor boards. The stand can and will drag the pavement on a hard left turn because it can't fully retract. :shock: :oops: Oh, by the way, this was with the increased ride height provided by a full Traxxion suspension set up!

I replaced mine with a Kuryakyn side stand. The floor board still has to be lifted up to deploy the side stand.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for the info. Diavalos. i will make do with the original side stand. I am use to lifting the floor board with my left ankle. I put one of those extensions on , but i did not like that, i would snag my pant leg on it now & then. So i will wait & see what Kury will come up with later.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
I got his ride off stand in chrome when he had them too.

Both are excellent items indeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts