GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me any feed back on the new and redesigned Fish Kick Stand? When they first came out they stood the bike up more than I liked it to.

Just wondering if the new design is any better or worse?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Go for it. The bike leans on the Fish sidestand the same as stock (length is the same as stock). The footprint is at least 2-3 times that of the original. Works on all surfaces, hot ashpalt, soft grassy areas, etc.

And as an added benefit, it adds a nice touch of chrome. Looks good even if you're not into the "bling thing."

Jim

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I bought a Fish from Hal awhile back. The gripe I have with it is the chrome plating is peeling. :evil: It does stand the bike up at the original height as Honda wanted it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Another question on this product. Is this new updated fish compatable with the Kury floorboards? or is it in the way like the old style? Your pro's and con's please.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The new Fish side stand hit the bottom of my Kuryakyn floor boards. The stand can and will drag the pavement on a hard left turn because it can't fully retract. :shock: :oops: Oh, by the way, this was with the increased ride height provided by a full Traxxion suspension set up!

I replaced mine with a Kuryakyn side stand. The floor board still has to be lifted up to deploy the side stand.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for the info. Diavalos. i will make do with the original side stand. I am use to lifting the floor board with my left ankle. I put one of those extensions on , but i did not like that, i would snag my pant leg on it now & then. So i will wait & see what Kury will come up with later.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Worth Every Penny

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
It works great with the 60 or 70 series tires. :D

A MUST HAVE ITEM.. :1st:

later..Randy

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I got his ride off stand in chrome when he had them too.

Both are excellent items indeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts