GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2016 GL1800 audio/comfort. '06 had a nice Honda volt meter from Electrical Connection mounted on throttle side below the cubby next to key. Obviously with the controld on the '16 under that cubby, most say that that volt meter cannot be installed. So i found digital volt meter, round, and i think like 1" deep so i am thinking this will fit. only need to drill the hole as it comes with a plastic nut to secure. I also know there is no power connection on the throttle side like the '06. Any easy way to fish a wire from the clutch side to the throttle side to supply power? I have some 36" plastic wire ties i use to fish wires as well as the 1/8" fiberglass screw together pieces. I am hoping a simple route around the front inside of the fairing??? Any "directions"???
PS i did remove the dash and install a small red LED tom the inside of the clutch side speaker which is kinda cool but i like the round one...
Happy riding finally if u r in NE Ohio...
Tom

·
Registered
498 Posts
It might be easier to run a wire from the battery.

With that said, I used the grip heater +12v for my volt meter mounted on that right panel. I have an F6b. I don't know, but would think that you would have some switched +12 already on the right side. Maybe for your suspension controls?

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Pull the shelter and run the wires however you want to, then you'll know how to do it for later when ya start adding more farkles.

Reactions: Bipeflier

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool beans. Was there enough room to mount the volt meter in that panel with the xtra junk in there?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Cool beans. Was there enough room to mount the volt meter in that panel with the xtra junk in there?
Did u just tap into that? Sure there isn’t a plug there.
If you were asking me this, remember that I have an F6b without cruise control. So I have a lot more room there than you will.
Also, my heater controls are right there (and I did just tap off there), and yours will not be. I was hoping you could find +12 there somewhere (suspension controls?).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Pull the seat the right box and the right key panel. Attach your hot wire to the battery, across the frame , or the shelter mounting bracket , then use a wire coat hanger from the right side of the gas filler to push the wire forward to under the box and then back down to where you want the juice...

Easy peasy...

:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts