GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying to live through summers with terrible rear brake vibration I got off my butt and tried some things to fix it.

First I mounted a RC car shock to the left front caliper, that reduced the amplitude of the vibration but did not make it go away.

I took that off and welded up the 1/8" hole in the banjo bolt that holds the brake line to the secondary master cyl, then I drilled a .04" hole through the weld. That reduced the amplitude of the vibration more than the shock did and the vibration did not occour nearly as often.

So I took the banjo bolt back out and put a .02" hole in it. It has only reached 90F since I made the last change, but normaly my bike would do it on a 70F day. A rough road with small sharp bumps always made it worse. I have not been able to get it to do it at all so far.

I can't detect any degradation in braking or anti-dive and I can't notice any slugishness in brake application. When the weather gets cold perhaps I will have a diffrent story, but for now I am happy with it. It feels weird to apply the rear brake and have it work like it should. (kind of like looking through the windshield after the anual cleaning)

If anyone wants more info e-mail me at [email protected]
:p :p
Wally

1 - 1 of 1 Posts