GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try my first CT this weekend. Decided on a Pimacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55/16. For air pressure, do I understand correctly that most run flats do best at ~30 or 32? I have three pressure gauges, (no-name pocket, slime digital, analog accugauge), and they all read a pound or two different. Just pick one and stick with it? I used to think a pound or two really did not matter, but reading here, seems I've been mistaken.

Thanks
Mack

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
A pound or two *might* make a difference, but it's not a matter of life & death.

With most run flat CTs, the consensus is in a *range* of 32-36psi. If you're really worried about the 1-2psi margin of error, set them at 34psi and you be in the *range*.
If it's going to keep you awake at night wondering, go spend some money on a new gauge and hide the others in your garage.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
487 Posts
bgross got it right. Enjoy your new tire. :thumbup:

David

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Different gauges do read differently. When you find what pressure works best use that same gauge for the same results:thumbup:!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts