GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Yeah, but Yamaha did it and actually pretty quickly compared to what Honda does. Applies mostly to the GenII 06-07s for the wire on the ignition switch problem.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! :thumbup: I just finished rewiring mine as a preventative measure. Should have waited a week or so.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but Yamaha did it and actually pretty quickly compared to what Honda does. Applies mostly to the GenII 06-07s for the wire on the ignition switch problem.
You are EXACTLY RIGHT.:agree::agree::agree:
This is the first Honda I have owned since 1973. They really drag their feet when it comes to problems.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I agree that Yamaha has done a better job of addressing issues than anyone. Consider the heat issue - even though it is not a safety issue, they actually did a fairly signifiant redesign after only three years to eliminate the heat. How long as the ST1300 been out and Honda has acted like that bike doesn't even exist.

·
Love The DCT
11,394 Posts
True, but I bet they were feeling some pressure from all the posts of failures over on the fjr forum from the data put together by Barabus and listed there. It also took data gathering by TruWrecks over on that forum to get things moving on getting the new ECM which solved the altitude sickness problem with certain model year FJR's. Compared to Honda, Yamaha has been far more responsive in addressing issues on the FJR.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Honda refuses to admit

Honda refuses to admit they have a bad design flaw in the GL1800 overheating in slow moving traffic. If they had turned the fans the right direction they could stay on till the bike cools down even when riding at 10-15 mph.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I agree that Yamaha has done a better job of addressing issues than anyone. Consider the heat issue - even though it is not a safety issue, they actually did a fairly signifiant redesign after only three years to eliminate the heat. How long as the ST1300 been out and Honda has acted like that bike doesn't even exist.
Yeah, but my st-1300 kept my feet much warmer than the wing does.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Honda refuses to admit they have a bad design flaw in the GL1800 overheating in slow moving traffic. If they had turned the fans the right direction they could stay on till the bike cools down even when riding at 10-15 mph.
Yeah, and you'd have all that heat from the engine enveloping you when you are sitting in the heat/traffic and the fans kick on. It is all a trade-off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts