GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, time to plan another lunch outing. Hopefully this will give everyone plenty of time to schedule the ride.

Saturday, January 27, 2007, 1:00pm - Outback Crab Shack

The "Outback Crab Shack" is located on SR-13, one of the prettiest rides in North Florida. It runs along the St. Johns river. After lunch, we can make plans to ride down SR-13 and enjoy the scenery. Believe it or not, there are some curves on the road! :wink:

Visit the website for Outback Crab Shack: http://www.theoutbackcrabshack.com/

For detailed directions, you can use Mapquest and if anyone has specific questions and how to get there or about the restaurant, let me know.

Hope to see you all there!

Bartman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meeting Places:

From the North (ATL): (Toyo, Trialsman, Arn Butt, TnCharlie, et al) the meeting place is at the Flying J Truck Stop, Exit 201, Jackson, GA. Stands up at 0645. (33°12'26"N, 84°03'52"W)

From the Tampa Area: Busman and group will be gathering at I-75, Highway 50 (Brooksville) exit at the Shopping plaza on the South side at 7:30 AM. There is a Wendys in the parking lot of the plaza. This early departure is planned so the group can take the back roads up to Outback Crab Shack.

From Orlando/Daytona: SR40 and Hwy314A (the Winn Dixie shopping center) at 11:00 AM.

In Jacksonville: San Jose Plaza, SR-13, just south of I-295 on the right (Radio Shack and Bonefish Grill are in this SC). CLICK HERE for the map. 1200 noon. Stands up when we're ready.

Be sure to bring a puck for your side stand. Remember, here in FLA-USA, we don't have dirt. Also, EVERYONE is welcome to join in. It doesn't matter what you're riding, who you're riding with, who's riding on the bike with you or whether on not you have CT's on your ride. Just come join the fun.

Bartman

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Great choice Bartman. I love the Outback Crab Shack. I am scheduled to work that day, but should be able to switch. Hopefully will see you there.

Are you going to lunch run this Saturday?

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tequilaroy said:
Great choice Bartman. I love the Outback Crab Shack. I am scheduled to work that day, but should be able to switch. Hopefully will see you there.

Are you going to lunch run this Saturday?
Hey Roy,

Yep, making plans too. Forecast is for 70% chance of rain. I'm planning on heading down to Plant City (just outside of Tampa) and picking up a friend and then heading up to Brooksville. Hopefully the weather will hold out till the afternoon. I may stay in the Tampa/Plant City area overnight.

Bartman

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Hmmmmmm; sounds tempting but I think we'd have to nix the ride south afterward and head home. We've done that ride many times and it is lovely.
How are the ribs at the crab shack?

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arn Butt Bill said:
Hmmmmmm; sounds tempting but I think we'd have to nix the ride south afterward and head home. We've done that ride many times and it is lovely.
How are the ribs at the crab shack?
Ah hell Bill, just stay the night and go back on Sunday!

Never had the ribs, but have seen them MANY times and they look great. Everyone I know that has had them say the real good.

Bartman

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think I can make this one, I'm only about 20 minutes from there..LOL.

Dep

·
Registered
732 Posts
This will work.....love the Outback Crab Shack. see y'all there.
Roy....give me a call and see if we can hook up for the ride there.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Can i come? :shock:

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kennyc said:
Can i come? :shock:
You bet, all are welcome!

I made a "practice" lunch run down to Outback Crab Shack today for lunch and to check out their ribs!

The welcome sign:

My 1/2 rack of ribs! They were GREAT!

My friend Cathy devouring a 1lb of crawfish and some Corona!

DAMN good food!

Bartman

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: ribs

Alan & Monica said:
You must be in marketing. Posting those pictures really is a good selling point. Alan
Nope...not me. Arn Butt Bill asked about the ribs so I had to go check them out. The picture with the Corona's in the shot were for Hedo, CJS and Bulldog.

Bartman

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I would love to make the ride but we are camping with our chapter at Silver River that weekend.

maybe next time!

Ride safe all!

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wingman57 said:
I would love to make the ride but we are camping with our chapter at Silver River that weekend.

maybe next time!

Ride safe all!
Well, you gotta eat. Come on over and enjoy the food. Siver River isn't all that far from where we'll be. SR19 up to Palatka. Catch SR17 up to SR16 across the river and then south on SR13 about 7 miles.

Bring your friends. The more, the merrier!

Bartman

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Re: ribs

dtbmjax - aka Bartman said:
[quote="Alan & Monica":38csdzhs]You must be in marketing. Posting those pictures really is a good selling point. Alan
Nope...not me. Arn Butt Bill asked about the ribs so I had to go check them out. The picture with the Corona's in the shot were for Hedo, CJS and Bulldog.

Bartman[/quote:38csdzhs]Actually, I'm an even bigger fan of Mississippi Mudbugs... (drool)... :lol:
Oh, yeah, we're in.
It's only 419 miles. Then we'll ride south with you and spend the night near some friends (Hi Natalie & Mikey) that just built a new house.
Thanks for the visual stimulation, dude.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts