GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for recomendations on attaching a flag to the antenna. Also how do I go about getting a matching antenna for the left side?

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
92 Posts
Flag

Go to www.wingstuff.com and look for "flags" and find the one listed below

Fold Down Antenna Mount Flag Pole w/ Flag

click for full size image Die-cast chrome plated mount and pole mounts to the antenna. In Stock Now!!!

Click Here To Checkout

Item #: BB52713
Your Price: $44.95

As far as getting an additional antenna, you can either order it from Honda or post a WTB (want to buy) and see if anyone wants to part out a damanged bike.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Flag

BTW...if you buy the Wingstuff flag, BE CAREFUL REMOVING THE ORIGINAL RADIO ANTENNA YOU CAN EASILY BEND AND/OR BREAK IT OFF....I KNOW, I DID IT (HAD TO ORDER THE WHIP PART FROM HONDA AND ADDITIONAL $20)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Flag

Baron said:
Go to www.wingstuff.com and look for "flags" and find the one listed below

Fold Down Antenna Mount Flag Pole w/ Flag

click for full size image Die-cast chrome plated mount and pole mounts to the antenna. In Stock Now!!!

Click Here To Checkout

Item #: BB52713
Your Price: $44.95

As far as getting an additional antenna, you can either order it from Honda or post a WTB (want to buy) and see if anyone wants to part out a damanged bike.
Has anybody tried the Owl Lighting flag mount?

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
I use the antenna. Simple but with a few tricks. Because the flag has a tendency to bunch up because of the angle, I've had my dear wife sew a second seem into which I have inserted a 1/4 dowel to keep the flags from bunching. I use a simple soda straw in the other seam over which the flag goes and into which the antenna goes. When I had the long antenna I put a sleeve collar on there to keep the flags on. Then I cut off the antenna and put a bowling trophy eagle on there with a set screw. Note I realize that this does little for the CB antenna, but I don't have one. Cutting off the radio antenna has little or no effect on the reception. Been running these flags on the radio antenna for 14K miles without a problem.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Waldo, that is GREAT stuff. Thank you for sharing it with us. The pics and labels are terrific. Why, even a dufus like me should be able to figure that out. :roll:

BTW, where did you get your flag?

Todd

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I hate to be a wet blanket, but I would not mount a flag on either antenna for continuous use. Mounted that far to the side of the bike they are pretty much out in the airstream and take a real beating. The problem is, the constant whipping, jerking on the antennas tend to loosen the innards up; I've seen where people have had to replace their antennas (particularly the CB antenna) after a while.

Using the separate flag mount that attaches to the antenna base is better. At least the strain is on the base and not on the whip, but it still causes a lot of additional vibration on the rest of the antenna.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts