GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed flash to pass. It works great 15 feet in front of garage door. I used Show Chrome video hooking to hi beam wire. Should'nt I be able to operate at further distance?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
heck.......i use a pocket remote for mine.....using velcro to dash........hits it at least 100 yards. Cost me $25.00 total. :thumbup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
My FlasstoPass works very well. It will open the door half a block from my house. One of the best farkles that I have ever bought for a bike.

Funny Story,
Yesterday I rode the FZ to work and when arriving home I flashed the brights twice, but the garage door didn't open. I tried a couple more times and nothing....

I don't carry a house key anymore, so I had to break into my house. Once in, I noticed that the electricity was on. I could figure out why the flasstopass didn't work until I went into the garage and pressed the button to open the garage door...It was at that point that I realized that the Wing was in the garage. I only have one flasstopass and it is installed on the Wing. The FZ1 doesn't have it. :roll: The oldschool garage door opener was in my backpack. LOL!!!!

Looks like I need to buy another transmitter for my FZ1.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My FlasstoPass works very well. It will open the door half a block from my house. One of the best farkles that I have ever bought for a bike.

Funny Story,
Yesterday I rode the FZ to work and when arriving home I flashed the brights twice, but the garage door didn't open. I tried a couple more times and nothing....

I don't carry a house key anymore, so I had to break into my house. Once in, I noticed that the electricity was on. I could figure out why the flasstopass didn't work until I went into the garage and pressed the button to open the garage door...It was at that point that I realized that the Wing was in the garage. I only have one flasstopass and it is installed on the Wing. The FZ1 doesn't have it. :roll: The oldschool garage door opener was in my backpack. LOL!!!!

Looks like I need to buy another transmitter for my FZ1.
No! Looks like you have CRS disease! Could be terminal?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
heck.......i use a pocket remote for mine.....using velcro to dash........hits it at least 100 yards. Cost me $25.00 total. :thumbup:
:agree: I velcored mine in the left glove box.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have had mine for 2 years now and it works great. Good 200 feet or so away.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Flash 2 pass

Installed my Flash 2 pass this weekend, it is one of the best gadgets I've added to the wing so far. I mounted the opener part on the ceiling above the garage dooe opener , left the one by the door as it has a lock and light button on it .

I also installed one on my wifes suv and one on my suburban. The funny thig is I back my suburan in the driveway so with the door up I was able to close the door but with it closed I couldn't open it. So to solve this issue I just wired it to my right rear blinker and now it works perfect. I back in and turn my right blinker on for two clicks and wa la the door opens. I now know what to get some friends and family for Christmas this year.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I carry a garage door opener on my bike but I always carry a spare house key also just in case the electricty is off or the door doesn't work for some reason.

·
Registered
528 Posts
To the OP

It depends on the location of your receiver and or transmitter and what is around them. The unit is a very weak radio transmitter. If the receiver is surrounded by solid walls, brick, steel, etc. It won't work at a longer distance. Same for the transmitter. My receiver is located directly next to the garage door on the right side so I can press the button to close the door as I walk out of the garage. The one thing I have found with the unit is that after using it for one year it has actually reduced it's ability to open and close the door at a range greater than my front wheel 4 or 5 feet from the door. I have the transmitter located inside the fork tunnel on the left side and I have considered moving it to inside the windshield garnish to give a better, more direct line of sight to the receiver. I found that after a long ride and the battery is fully charged and the alternator isn't cranking out as many amps, that I need to rev the engine to 2500 RPM for the thing to work at all.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Shyza. That kills the market for those devices.

If you have a metal garage door and/or aluminum siding it will affect the distance. Should work better than what you state tho.

Nice to see that two people (now three) actually answered your question.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The one installed on the gw opens the door from the road, about 120 ft away. The one on the fjr doesn't quite get that far, probably 75 ft. I do have the receiver about 5 ft off the floor.

The fjr's transmitter is the newest one. Maybe not as powerful as the old larger one on the gw.

A post from the mobile dark side

1 - 12 of 12 Posts