GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I am in the process of installing the Pathfinder sequential LED DRL and turn signals in the mirror assemblies.

I need to replace the factory flasher and replace it with the Pathfinder flasher provided in the kit.

It is a bear to get to it, but I can put my hands on it ... barely ... any secrets to disconnecting it and connecting the Pathfinder flasher in such limited space?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Instead of removing the windshield and the parts under it, I removed the instrument panel to replace the flasher relay on my 2017.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid you might say that. I found out about going in through the instrumental panel after taking the front end and windshield assembly apart. I will see if I can I get my hands in there and unplug it, though I may have to put it all together and go in through the instrumental panel after all.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Behind the instrument panel for me as well.
Wasn't too bad except for the electrical connectors for the meter panel.
If you have big hands they are a PITA to reinstall.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, with some swearing and a headlamp, I got the old flasher our and the new Pathfinder one in.

How important is it to remount the new flasher, or can I just leave hanging under the fairing frame member, which is where it is tucked away right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
It is pretty well protected just hanging there. You could put a nylon tie strap around it if you think you can get your hands in there. But it should be fine just where it is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Michael. I removed the rubber boot from the old flasher and slid it over the metal tab on the Pathfinder flasher to remount it. Problem is, the design of the new flasher makes it too tall to slide over the prong sticking up. I included a picture of where I stuffed it. The metal bar in the right of the pic is the main windshield frame member that runs straight up the center under the meter visor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
I remember trying to do the same thing with my 2017. But I ended up just letting that light weight flasher hang on the wires that I had tied to the frame with a tie strap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts