GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 wing and installed multiple LED lights, to include turn signals. I have the new three prong flasher control unit to bring the timing back to something normal, but can't locate the old one. I hear the noise from up under the instrument panel, but can't spot the unit itself... Anyone know where it's located? thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
It's under the windshield pan You'll have to pull it...

I have an '04 wing and installed multiple LED lights, to include turn signals. I have the new three prong flasher control unit to bring the timing back to something normal, but can't locate the old one. I hear the noise from up under the instrument panel, but can't spot the unit itself... Anyone know where it's located? thanks!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, Larry.. I've got it all off, exposing the back of the instrument panel... but what does it look like? I don't see anything that looks like the replacement,,,

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
thanks, Larry.. I've got it all off, exposing the back of the instrument panel... but what does it look like? I don't see anything that looks like the replacement,,,
From Techdude2000

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Larry, thanks for the effort... I took that module out and disconnected it... its a five-pin connector, and with it disconnected, I still have flashing turn signals and four-way flashers.... don't know what it is, but its not the flasher relay.. any other ideas? I'm pretty discouraged and about resigned to just live with my "fast" flashers....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Larry, can't thank you enough... I found that 3-wire connector under the windshield bracket, and will try to hook the new flasher relay up to it tomorrow.

george

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
I know you did this already but there is an easy/quicker way just remove the speedo rather than the windshield this video is for a later bike but the only difference is you remove the speaker grills and there are screws and clips behind them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts