GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like an electronic doo-dad to cause the brake lights on my 1800 to flash 4 or 5 times when I hit the switch and then stay on solid. I would also like it to fit the oem harness. Does anyone out there make an item that does this and that fits so that I don't have to end up splicing wires???

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I have the Kisan unit also................3 years and going strong.

I recently modified it so that the "spoiler" on my trailer modulates in unison with the spoiler on the bike..................turned out really nice!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Brake Danceer

I just installed the Brake Dancer from VPA but you do have to do a good bit of splicing with it. It does give you the option of having the brakes dance up-down (trunk-saddlebags), left-right, or criss-cross (Left Trunk Brake and Right Saddlebag brake then to the Rt trunk brake and left saddlebag brake). Does this six times and then on steady. I like it a lot. Splicing no problem for me.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
BACKOFF BREAK LIGHT MODULATOR $30-$35

easy simple installation

Hit the binders and it flashes 4 times (I think, maybe it's 6) and then goes solid for 15 seconds and then flashes again, then solid, continues till you release the breaks.I have mine hooked into the spoiler light

I like the kisan, but money was tight last year so I got a "less expensive" model

·
Registered
231 Posts
I installed the Back Off unit set up to flash only the trunk lights. The saddlebag lights come on steady. I like it1 :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts