GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the day has finally arrived for myself and four others to head for Deals Gap and all the good roads that the area has. Heading out first thing in the morning and will spend the night in Huntsville before riding on in on Sunday. It'll be my fourth trip and for a couple of folks their first. We also plan on going on up to Arlington to pay some respects and then a visit to Gettysburg before heading back in about ten days. I sure hope the weather is better than the 100 degree plus days we've been having here for the last two weeks. Maybe we'll run into some folks from the board there who knows. But if you see some Oklahoma Plates, give us a yell.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Have fun Jerry and be careful. Hope ya get some cool weather.:yes1:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ride safe Jerry. Would love to ride with you again one day in the future!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Heat

Goldsboro, NC (eastern part of the state)
Wednesday 20 July 100 degrees
Thursday 21 July 100 degrees
Friday 22 July 102 degrees

Have fun, be safe

·
Registered
304 Posts
I read your title and got a chuckle.
I got back a few weeks ago from the area....first time this flat-lander has been in the Smokies. I've ridden in the Rockies in Colorado and NM, but the Smokies are a whole new experience. Twisties galore!! Can't wait to get back some day.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Have a fun and safe ride!:thumbup: You're in luck, it should only be in the mid 90s!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Believe it or not, I really saw a 81 degree temp while riding down in ALA today. Even saw a bit of rain on the winshield before I got to Decatur. I'm hoping the cool wether stays around for a day or two.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Make sure you drink plenty of fluids... it isn't so much the tem and it is the humidity that will get ya....rule of thumb "drink until ya gotta pee"... umm...water that is..;)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have been riding the Smokies for the past week and let me tell you it is hot. Been in the high 90's every day. Rode the Dragon on Tuesday this past week and the traffic was pretty light. Girl at the store said it has been that way during the week since the weather got so hot. Have fun, be safe, don't need no pieces hanging on that tree.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, we came in by way of the Skyway, and it was great up there for sure. Saw a temp of 70 on t he Bike. Well, it's not that cool in Robbinsville for sure. We'll make it though no matter the Temp. Dragon slaying tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hey Jerry! Haven't heard/seen from you in a while. Have fun, we are heading to Colorado in a week and a half. Been checking the weather in Silverton. Gonna' have to take summer, fall and winter gear with us!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Hope you all enjoy your trip and rides on the twisties! :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts