GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone down in LA is OK. My son is in Denham Springs. He was evacuated from his appartment via boat, car, & national guard. He was picked up from the shelter by a friend and taken to NOLA. From there, he was picked up by another friend & coworker and taken to Hammond, LA where he's staying in a hotel for now. His brand new car was under 3 ft of water and is a total loss. His appartment is on the 3rd floor so his belongings are fine. He's tried to get a rental car but none are to be had within 100 miles and there is a waiting list a mile long. I might have to get a rental here in Indiana and drive it down to him then fly back to Indiana. He was helped by total strangers and friends alike. Thank you to those in LA that have been out helping others in their time of need.

·
IronMan
17,459 Posts
glad to hear he's alright. we have great country and people that are in it. the worst brings out the best in most.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Glad he has made it to safety. Unbelievable how much rain we received. Today the Mrs & I went driving around Lafayette for the 1st time since the rains. How fortunate we feel we only took on about 3" of water in our house after what we seen. Not more than a mile from our house people were gutting their houses. Drywall, all types of flooring , furniture etc... 3-4 feet of water entered homes . I have friends in the Baton Rouge area that lost everything. Lending one friend our Toy Hauler while they and their parents both rebuild. The Denham Springs / Walker / Watson area was among the hardest hit in Baton Rouge. Some homes around that area had 4-6 feet of water.

Many people saved due to this group of heroic Louisiana citizens. #Cajun Navy. #LouisianaStrong

http://ijr.com/2016/08/674271-hundreds-of-louisiana-flood-victims-owe-their-lives-to-the-cajun-navy/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts