GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you come to a stop at a light or anywhere, where there is traffic and you have you feet or foot down on the ground with your Leg right up against the out edge of the floor board, Do the thought of Someone hitting and Crushing your leg into that floor board ever cross you mind?
Or is that just me?
If its just me, I guess I just gave you something else to worry About.
Sorry ;)

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Think its just you.... Never thought of it before..... I could get hit by
lighting tomorrow too... :eek:4:

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
That is why floor boards are for bikes with forward controls. Well OK I don't sit at red lights and worry about getting hit but that's just the way I am.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont' think about this all the time.
I just came to mind this morning on my way to work and My shin was up against the board toward the back of it.
They are great when riding but they suck at stops.
They came on the bike. Thats why they are on there.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Actually I considered boards for my wing several years ago but rejected the idea after noticing how beat up the pegs were getting.:money1::money1::banghead:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Never really thought of it. I'm more worried about watching my rear view mirror to make sure some jerk on a cell phone doesn't forget to stop.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've had floor boards on bikes for 20 years and never thought about it.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
When you come to a stop at a light or anywhere, where there is traffic and you have you feet or foot down on the ground with your Leg right up against the out edge of the floor board, Do the thought of Someone hitting and Crushing your leg into that floor board ever cross you mind?
Or is that just me?
If its just me, I guess I just gave you something else to worry About.
Sorry ;)
I think crushing your leg under those circumstances will probably be the least of your worries if it were ever to come to pass!..

You kinda of a "Glass Half Empty" type are you not??? ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you get hit broadsided, floorboards or not, kiss them legs goodby. Sorry for the gore, but think about it.
Electroman:eek:4:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I actually think you would stand a greater chance of having you leg squished against the entire side of your bike probably from the hip on down and not because of the footpegs. Most cars have a higher clearance so I think it would get ya about the shin up.:22yikes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts