GL1800Riders Forums banner

floor boards

3K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  Trikegypsy 
#1 ·
I'm new to the site but have enjoyed poking around. I've been riding two wheels for about 25 years I guess. Most of them on a Harley.
BUT I have an 08 Goldwing being converted to a trike at this time.
One question however... I see a lot of trikes here without the floor boards... any paticular reason? Maybe I should call them running boards.. not floor boards/

#27 ·
I like the running boards, and again-personal choice.....my CSC boards are not load barring, but I wouldn't want to step on the painted surface anyway......again choice...

HDRIDER, I too have a Harley for the 2 wheel days...07 Electra Glide Classic.....nice to have choices.....

Been thinking of a Heritage Softail Classic....it's just the ME bike anyway...

#28 ·
You want to check your trike real close before you head for home. I know 5 diff. people who had problem on the way and had to stop and have them fix. not much fun.
This is my only concern.. and one that has to be concidered seriously. I'm having the conversion done at Cherokee Trikes. From what I have heard... well read... they have a good reputation. I hope it holds true in my case. But anything can happen.
Anything you could suggest that a person should look for.. I mean that is a most common problem?

#29 ·
This is my only concern.. and one that has to be concidered seriously. I'm having the conversion done at Cherokee Trikes. From what I have heard... well read... they have a good reputation. I hope it holds true in my case. But anything can happen.
Anything you could suggest that a person should look for.. I mean that is a most common problem?
If you feel or hear anything different (squealing, squeaking, a rattle, a vibration, etc., stop and look it over. If you can't find the source and repair it, take the trike to the nearest m/c repair facility and ask them to look it over for you.

#30 ·
I am wondering if some of the wandering might have to do with the transition from counter-steering (bike) to steering (trike).
Exactly!! It took about 200 miles for me to finally get it down....push / pull vs counter-steering. Once I understood the technique, it was "katie bar the door". I was hooked on triking. Wooooooo Hooooooo!

#31 ·
One reason I went with a Champion trike was that the "accent boards" didn't get in the way of my feet when I wanted to back out of the garage with my 32" inseam. I've also installed Kuryakyn running boards with heel toe shifter on mine for added comfort.

I too believe the running boards or what ever the manufacturer calls them are a finishing touch to a trike, as the whale tail/Lamborghini wing, is a finishing touch to a Hannigan trike.
:popcorn:

#32 ·
To aqua shield, or not to aqua shield, this is the ?

I happen to love my aqua shields. While I don't have the height problem as others do, I certainly love having dryer feet when riding in the rain.

Beastie has really finished his off nicely w/ the LineX sprayed on in a flame pattern.

Welcome to the 3 world HD, and also welcome to Lehman Pride...

No, I'm not a lurker, btw...Had to change screen names, due to lost password, and corporate software blocking this site...Rodeogypsy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.