GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using the Kuryakyn 4328 mini boards with drop mounts but I wanted more support so I went with the 4351 folding floorboards. The last picture is of the mini board compared to the new board.

Attachments

Reactions: DCB

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was using the Kuryakyn 4328 mini boards with drop mounts but I wanted more support so I went with the 4351 folding floorboards. The last picture is of the mini board compared to the new board.
The 4351’s bolt right up to the OEM Goldwing mounts? I had those on a Sportster once. Love them. I’ll buy if they bolt right up. Curious also about your brake cover.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Easy does it in the corners with those on there. Hopefully the hard mounted hinge won't hit until long after the folding floorboard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
4351 with comfort drop mounts are my combination also. I consider foot position and room the weakest point of this bike. (the only weak point) These work for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have you got a part number for the Kuryakn comfort drop mounts? I can't find anything using those words on their website.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious who makes that brake pedal cover?

It is a leftover from my previous wing, I cut it down and fiddled with it to make it fit, it is still a little bulky, I have a new one on order.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Easy does it in the corners with those on there. Hopefully the hard mounted hinge won't hit until long after the folding floorboard.
I have about 4500 miles with the 4351 kit without a touchdown, the new boards are 3/4" wider, I don't see a problem but if there is I can adjust them higher or go with the stock height adapters.:grin2:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Bob2002, have you found/seen a way to mount the old fulllsize Kury floorboards? So far, they are the only large ones I have ever seen! All the new style are kind of small & boring? JMHO.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bob2002, have you found/seen a way to mount the old fulllsize Kury floorboards? So far, they are the only large ones I have ever seen! All the new style are kind of small & boring? JMHO.
No I have not, if you had a set it would be easy to remove the H/T shift and go from there but I for one would not want to spend that much money and fail. My 4328 and 4351 are low dollar investments that both work:grin2:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Bob, I have a full (like new) set from my other GL1800! I love those floorboards! That’s why I want to re-install them onto my ‘18 DCT Tour!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bob, I have a full (like new) set from my other GL1800! I love those floorboards! That’s why I want to re-install them onto my ‘18 DCT Tour!

So what is stopping you?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
According to Kuryakyn, they will not fit the newer bike! I was hoping someone might have found a workaround to MAKE them work!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
According to Kuryakyn, they will not fit the newer bike! I was hoping someone might have found a workaround to MAKE them work!
We both know that without asking, I would start by taking the foot peg mount off and see how far off the mounting points are if there is clearance. The 4351 boards I'm using give a ton of foot support much like the boards you like so much and way easier to install.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mrjava, they look promising! Does anyone know the size?
If I remember correctly they are 5.5 long x 4.5 at the widest point, not much larger then the Kury mini boards

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I remember correctly they are 5.5 long x 4.5 at the widest point, not much larger then the Kury mini boards
Correction,

6.25 L x 4.25 W at the widest point

1 - 20 of 26 Posts