GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information on drivers floorboards with heel and toe shifter. Curious about the different brands and the problems with them. I seem to hear a lot about not being able to get to the kickstand and sticking shifters. It looks like the boards available from MLB might have more foot room. All information appreciated. It's a lot of money to make a mistake about.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I had the Rivco floorboards and heel & toe shifter on Rio. Expensive (was around $500 installed at Americade), but good finish and no problems with the shifter hanging. Since then, Kuryakyn has come out with a set for the GWing - they're a little less expensive, but can't comment about the quality. One other company (M something or other) also made them, but they looked cheap.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
189 Posts
Do you have a website that shows the MLB floorboards? I have been thinking about trying some floorboards also, but would like to look at some of the ones available. So far I have only seen the Rivcos and Kuryakins. I would like to hear from someone who has used the Add On brand if anyone has.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Kury floorboards are very nice quality. THe problems are that 1) you can't get your foot under the front shifter if you wanted to. You need to use the heel shifter. and 2) you have to flip up the driver' left board in order to get the side stand up and down.

It takes a little getting used to, but generally they are pretty nice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the Kuryakan floorboards and heel / toe shifter. I've had no problems with shifting and you only need to flip up the floorboard in order to get to the kickstand. Good finish on the chrome. The shifter is a little loose but it is designed that way in order for it not to bind. Offers some variety for foot position compared to the stock pegs.

I'm pleased, good luck

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Like Bob, I also had the Rivco boards with the built-in heel & toe shifter on mine for awhile.

The Rivco boards come with a kickstand extension, so getting to it is not a problem. And since the H&T shifter is part of the floorboard mount... there was never any trouble with the shifter hanging up.

I've since taken them off and replaced with Kury Mini Wings to give my short legs a little better access to the ground... and also added the Rattlebars H&T shifter.

Well... I like the Kury wings... but I can't say that I'm in love with the Rattlebar shifter. After having the Rivco shifter that had an actual shift peg attached to it... I've just never been comfortable with the way the Rattlebar shifter loops over the stock one. Additionally... it has 'locked up' on me twice. By that I mean that... while riding, it jammed so that I couldn't up-shift using the heel pedal. I had to stop, and adjust the thing (very easy to do)... and then it worked fine.

Again... the Rattlebar setup is not bad, per say... I just liked the other setup better.

Well... thanks to Hal's last sale (I told him that I couldn't afford another sale!!), I spent more money and bought the Kury H&T shifter, that has a pedal on both ends and links to the stock shifter similar to the way the Rivco shifter did.

I received it last week... and installing it is my project for tomorrow morning.

If I like it, I guess the Rattlebar shifter will go into my " Trial & Error Box" along with my old Rivco Boards and some other items I no longer need.

:)
Tom

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've got the Kurys and liked them from the start. As far as the kick stand. I added and extention from add on .. it does the trick no more board fliping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts