GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone? Did any of Ya'll get hit by the storms? Hope all is well. :yes1:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: Florida Storms

Nope, Brandon here, just a nice all day rain that was much needed. I will still take a rainy day over a yard and driveway full of snow. Hate to rub it in, but gonna take the wing out Wednesday for a nice long 500 mile ride. :)

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Lot's of rain today. We needed it as well. Clear now and looking forward to some good weather the next couple of days.

Bartman

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
It was clear all day in Miami until about 6:00 PM. Then rained hard for about 30 minutes then stopped.

It's rained pretty hard at the Miami Dolphin game which is about 30 miles north of me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sarasota okay

We received quite a bit of rain and a bit of thunder. It's clear that Santa didn't ride his 'wing to visit this area yesterday.

We really needed the rain and so, we were happy for the storm to come through.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice day until 2PM, then the sky opened up for about 2 hours. No flooding but we sure needed one. Our lake here is 4.5' low.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Storm hit hard about 2 miles from me at a mobile home park. We got a lot of wind and rain here, but not nearly as bad as it hit at the mobile home park.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Got a lot of wind and heavy rains, but the worst of it missed my place. Under tornado warning for about 45 minutes.

Dep

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
We had so much rain that it nearly sank my 20 foot boat out back. Good thing my neighbor called and said my bow was riding low. The drain plugs were clogged with leaves (my neglect) and once the bow gets heavy it will go under.

After this past week's and yesterday's heavy downpours and 4 hurricanes in the last 2 years this hasn't sank my boat, knock-on-wood...

HEY, WHO TURNED SUMMER OFF??? :shock:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad Ya'll are all right, it was really windy here Xmas eve, blew like 65 mph. If ya can send some rain our way we could really use it, it is really dry here.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Daytona Beach Police called for mutual aid assistance from my Department. We sent 14 personnel to help out. The damage at the apartment complex on South Nova Road was incredible. Then I went out by Emery Riddle University. They are extremely fortunate that it happened on Christmas Day and the campus was all by empty!!

It is amazing that no one was killed.

Michael

1 - 13 of 13 Posts