GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my recent ride to Key West there was a sign on I-10 for motorcyclists to take an alternate route becasue the bridge over the bay was 3500 feet of iron grating. This was when we first entered Florida going east. bvWe did take the alternate route. I was checking I-10 to see what it was like as I want to attempt a 50CC IBA ride from Jacksonville to San Diego. The alternate route went through small cities and neighborhoods and was quite slow. My question is if there is a real problem for motorcycles on the main bridge?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jack D said:
On my recent ride to Key West there was a sign on I-10 for motorcyclists to take an alternate route becasue the bridge over the bay was 3500 feet of iron grating. This was when we first entered Florida going east. bvWe did take the alternate route. I was checking I-10 to see what it was like as I want to attempt a 50CC IBA ride from Jacksonville to San Diego. The alternate route went through small cities and neighborhoods and was quite slow. My question is if there is a real problem for motorcycles on the main bridge?
The iron grate is in the East bound lanes. I rode across them this spring and it's not really that bad. Not something I would want to do everyday but I didn't have any problems with it. Going West you have the old bridge and don't have to worry about the road surface. Traffic does slow down in that area more so on the East bound side but the West bound can be bad.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts