GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Florida Riders..... Ideas Needed

Reading through some of the forums and threads here on GL1800Riders.com, I've noticed that there are a few regional groups that have given themselves a unique name..., such as, the Mid Atlantic Mob, or the Colorado Rascals, or the Georgia Mafia..., and probably quite a few others. So why dont we have some sort of descriptive identifier right here in Florida?

Does anybody have any ideas for our Florida gang? Something unique to us. My first thought was, since we seem to spend a lot of time over the winter riding to various restaurants, how about the Florida Lunch Bunch? Or maybe Bartman's Bandits?

Throw out some ideas, and if there's enough interest, and a few suggestions, I'll set up a poll.

Hey gang..., it's all about having fun... :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
How about Sunshine State Raiders (as in reftrigerator raiders) ;);););)

·
Registered
466 Posts
How about "Flatlanders" or "Southernmost State Riders"

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Gotta say something about how we ride all year. you know to rub it in to the others. Four season lunch bandits?

John

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All good suggestions, guys..., keep em coming... :lol::lol:

I really like the "southernmost" theme..., certainly unique to Florida. And John's idea of refrigi-raiders is pretty cool too. The "year-round" idea could get confused with California or Georgia, but still a good idea.

How about the Southernmost Year-Round Lunch Refrigi-Raider Bandits.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wonder what it will cost to get all THAT on t-shirt...:lol:

·
Florida Moderator
4,616 Posts
Florida Swamp Rats
Florida Gators
Florida Eagles
Florida Wings
Florida Wing Riders
Florida Munch Bunch
Florida Fogies
Florida "Oldwings"

I'm leaning toward "Florida Wing Riders"
It's simple, straightforward, dignified (not cutesy) and clearly defines who we are.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Florida Swamp Rats
Florida Gators
Florida Eagles
Personally, I think it should refelct something "unique" about Florida, and would still be meaningful if it didn't actually say "Florida"

Florida Wings
Florida Wing Riders
Florida "Oldwings"

I'm leaning toward "Florida Wing Riders"
Dont forget that not everyone actually rides a Wing. There are some Valkyries and VTX's that show up, so I wouldn't want them to think they're not a part of it. Besides, if I was wearing a t-shirt with one of those names on it, I'd be afraid someone would come up and ask me what chapter or region I was with..., and that would likely ruin my day altogehter. :lol::lol:

It's simple, straightforward, dignified (not cutesy) and clearly defines who we are.
I'm not sure "dignified" is a word we need to be associated with. Simple, for sure, and straightforward only sometimes... :lol:

I'm gathering up all the suggestions, and in a couple of daze I'll post a poll to get some votes.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How about "The Sunshine State Wingers"
Everyone will get to vote, but personally, I'd prefer to avoid anything that mentions "wings", as that could be kind of restrictive..., and may blend us in too much with other "wing" communities.

GL1800Riders is the #1 virtual clubhouse, and the gang here in Florida are absolutely unique and the cream of the crop. Some groups prefer to ride, some prefer to meet, some prefer to eat, and other yet prefer to shovel out tons of BS. We prefer (apparently) to ride to a meet-and-eat, and shovel out the BS in massive quantities. The best of all worlds. :lol::lol::lol:

Not only are we the best, but we sometimes need to remind everyone else that we're the best. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think we should stick with the "mob" or "mobster" theme. With that said, I found this website:

http://www.bugsysclub.com/club/community/info_glossary.htm
That was my original thought, but I didn't want to look like we were climbing on the coatails of the other groups. Didn't want to have Don Wheels visiting me in the middle of the night... :lol::lol:

"The Florida Commission"
"The Florida Borgata"
"The Florida Administration"
I liked "The Florida Borgato" till I did a google on "borgato" and all I found was a fancy hotel and night club in New Jersey... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

In keeping with your theme, we could have...

"The Florida Cartel"
The Florida Brugad" (it'll drive everyone crazy trying to figure out what a "brugad" is... :lol::lol:

Just a thought....since we already have the MAM (Mid Atlantic Mob) and the GM (Georgia Mafia)
Good choices. I may only be a day or so away from making up the list for a poll.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a thought....since we already have the MAM (Mid Atlantic Mob) and the GM (Georgia Mafia)
Maybe we could be, "Floridians United"..., and then we would have MAM, GM and...., FU.

Ooooopsss!!! On second thought, maybe not.:eek:4:

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
How about the "Seminole State Riders & Diners" ? ;)
Sorry, but there is NO WAY I would be associated with a name like that. Besides, this doesn't even reflect the quote in your signature.

Anything that exudes being, old, fat, ugly, boring, lazy or any other "Old Fart" euphemism is insane.

We can do MUCH better than "Riders and Diners, Wing Riders, Munch Bunch, Fogies or Oldwings" Good grief! :eek:4:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anything that exudes being, old, fat, ugly, boring, lazy or any other "Old Fart" euphemism is insane.

We can do MUCH better than "Riders and Diners, Wing Riders, Munch Bunch, Fogies or Oldwings" Good grief! :eek:4:
Calm down Bart! Dont blow a head gasket..., it's not under warranty... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

~

1 - 20 of 76 Posts