GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all you guys I follow on the board from Florida. In Jan & Feb of next year my wife and I will be spending a month each in Wauchula and Minneola. We'll have three-day weekends free so I hope to be able to meet some of you during our time there.

I almost met the Bartman up near Atlanta a couple of years ago at the end of the 400. There was a Ride planned after breakfast at the Waffle House there but a tornado got in the way. We have a daughter there so Ride around trialsman's neck-of-the-woods as often as I can.

RoadRunner spends his winters in Florida and summers in Ohio. Haven't had a chance to meet up with him yet either. Before the summer's out I hope to get down for a 'breakfast Ride' from Wendy's in Miamitown, OH.

Oh, so many roads, so many people....
thecruiser

thecruiser

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Hello to all you guys I follow on the board from Florida. In Jan & Feb of next year my wife and I will be spending a month each in Wauchula and Minneola. We'll have three-day weekends free so I hope to be able to meet some of you during our time there.

I almost met the Bartman up near Atlanta a couple of years ago at the end of the 400. There was a Ride planned after breakfast at the Waffle House there but a tornado got in the way. We have a daughter there so Ride around trialsman's neck-of-the-woods as often as I can.

RoadRunner spends his winters in Florida and summers in Ohio. Haven't had a chance to meet up with him yet either. Before the summer's out I hope to get down for a 'breakfast Ride' from Wendy's in Miamitown, OH.

Oh, so many roads, so many people....
thecruiser

thecruiser
We'll leave the light on for ya. Watch this board for our very frequent RTE's and rides. C Ya! :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wingjammer('ster)
Just like Tom Bodet, huh?

Will be watchin' the board...
thecruiser

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Wauchula and Minneola ??

Wow, difference between night and day. Wauchula is a 2 horse, 1 blinking light town, where Minneola is small, but growing....a bedroom community to Orlando..

I am only 1/2 hour away from Minneola. Look for the RTE's. If we do not have any, contact me and I will show you a days ride around Central Florida....we have that famous 318 miles with 11 curves... WE do it the Dragon Way....

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FireEater,
318 miles and 11 curves... I'll be looking for my t-shirt too.
thecruiser

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I'm kinda anxious to get back down too. I'm sure that if you are at any RTE's you will meet a whole pile of us.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Hey Cruiser - let's plan on meeting up for a ride - RTE or whatever... we will be in Lakeland from November thru April... Wachula is not that far from us...! :cool:

We can even coax Wingjammer and others to join us!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Cruiser - let's plan on meeting up for a ride - RTE or whatever... we will be in Lakeland from November thru April... Wachula is not that far from us...! :cool:

We can even coax Wingjammer and others to join us!

Jim,
A great idea. I'm all for it.

I'll still try to get down to Miamitown for a Wednesday Ride. Want to meet some of the guys from the 'retired & Riding' group.
Got a lot to accomplish around here in between two trips to Colorado, a month in W-Va in Oct and... the never ending HEAT! I have a re-roof job to do on a small house rental we own. Waiting for the heat to stop before I can even start on that one.

Can't wait for winter to 'get the heck outta Dodge'.
thecruiser

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Jim,
A great idea. I'm all for it.

Can't wait for winter to 'get the heck outta Dodge'.
thecruiser
I hear you about getting south for some winter riding...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Wauchula and Minneola ??

Wow, difference between night and day. Wauchula is a 2 horse, 1 blinking light town, where Minneola is small, but growing....a bedroom community to Orlando..

I am only 1/2 hour away from Minneola. Look for the RTE's. If we do not have any, contact me and I will show you a days ride around Central Florida....we have that famous 318 miles with 11 curves... WE do it the Dragon Way....
Maybe you could show him where the Tail of the Gecko is.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe you could show him where the Tail of the Gecko is.
Oooooh, now THAT sounds excitin':excited:

Can I get a lil sticker for that?
thecruiser

·
Registered
507 Posts
Cruiser,
I just want you to be prepaired for next winter's RTE's You can become an official member of the Florida Prowlers for the mere cost of buying lunch for other said members at any officially sanctioned Prowler rides. This membership will avail to you all right & priviledges enjoyed by other Prowler members. ( Nobody's figured out what they are yet)

I'm just a few miles south of Minneola, in Clermont, & if you like bar-b-que, make sure to stop into Oakwood Smokehouse, on Hwy 27.

Hope to see you in Florida!

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cruiser,
I just want you to be prepaired for next winter's RTE's You can become an official member of the Florida Prowlers for the mere cost of buying lunch for other said members at any officially sanctioned Prowler rides. This membership will avail to you all right & priviledges enjoyed by other Prowler members. ( Nobody's figured out what they are yet)

I'm just a few miles south of Minneola, in Clermont, & if you like bar-b-que, make sure to stop into Oakwood Smokehouse, on Hwy 27.

Ron,
A great suggestion, I love BBQ. :bow: I'll be searchin' for the Oakwood.

BTW, you have good taste in motorcycles. :thumbup:
Weird color though, don'tcha think?
thecruiser

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Cruiser,

I just went to Oakwood today for lunch.....For $8 I ate like a King...

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FireEater,

Your such a tease... :wrong:
thecruiser

1 - 16 of 16 Posts