GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe the weather here, it is Dec 1 and the temp is 81 degrees Man I love living here

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I had to kick on the a/c yesterday Snoppy. Got home from work it was 86 in the house.

So, I took the bike out for a bit till it cooled down. :)

Dep

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
yep, 82 today. sunny low humidity...perfect time of year...oh, by the way, I heard something about a little snow up north...? sorry, guys... will be going on a 220 mile trike ride tomorrow...well, I guess that would be 440 miles...sorry for the confusion...no confusion on the absolutely perfect weather though...oops sorry again...

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Florida? I have heard of that place. Ain't that where all the old farts hide out when they can't handle real weather anymore? :lol:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
That's the place, Galute; I used to live there but my electric bill was $150/month on the average.
Winter is God's air conditioning up here... ...my electric bill last month was $36!
And I really dig the fireplace.

When are you coming back up, Snoop? We hardly got to ride the other day. Your Gerbings feel better every time you use them.

·
Registered
609 Posts
snoopy,
come on home to moma as the chilled cold will be coming in after the wind dies down tonite. do i hear her calling ,where is the wood for fire p-lace!!
the wind is blowing pretty good now,as i had a part of oak tree fall down this morning in the back yard.
ride safe brother,
edmund

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
galute said:
Florida? I have heard of that place. Ain't that where all the old farts hide out when they can't handle real weather anymore? :lol:
Not to mention any real terrain, galute.

Highest point in FL.....386 feet....ooooohhh, those heights just scare me!

Snoop knows where to go when he wants to really ride.....that's why he bought Gerbing jacket and gloves. :wink:

Bob E.

·
Registered
271 Posts
galute said:
Hey, I might be a fart, but not a old fart yet. If it doesnt cool down soon its going to make me feel like an old fart working in all this heat. We also use a snow shovel in our shop to pick up trash.

Glenn

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Sure Snoppy ....rub it in!!!
32 degrees and snow/freezing rain! YUK

Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Arnbutt I come up to Greenville at least once a month we will have to get together some this winter

Galute we will see who the old farts are next June on our trip to Alaska, Don't want any whining from the out of shape young kids now about how long we ride, how wet it is and yes sometimes how cold it is,

Robeth just think our wings get better mileage than yours do because we don't have to negotiate the hills, Wish you were man enough to go to Alaska with us but I understand you need to watch the crest of all hills in case you go airborne HAHAHA

Dep have never turned off my aircondition and for as the power bill we dont pay state income tax so that washes out the power bill.

Being warm it just nice sorry our northern friends, Dawg I walked on the beach today what did you do with the snow plow. [/i]

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Galute said:
Florida? I have heard of that place. Ain't that where all the old farts hide out when they can't handle real weather anymore?
Well, I've lived here my whole life (at least my life so far) so I can't use the hiding out excuse. Yes, believe it or not, there ARE people living in Florida who were born here. :lol: :wink:

Dep the Fla Native :lol:

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Snoppy said:
Robeth just think our wings get better mileage than yours do because we don't have to negotiate the hills, Wish you were man enough to go to Alaska with us but I understand you need to watch the crest of all hills in case you go airborne HAHAHA
Snoop, You love to rub it in on us "young" guys who still have to work and don't get 365 days of vacation a year, don't you?

Yes, airborne is a concern for me for some strange reason. :shock:

Bob E.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Arnbutt I come up to Greenville at least once a month we will have to get together some this winter

Snoopy,
you have me confused with that 6'6"or what ever, that lives in Northern Ga in a hick town called Canton with all them chicken farms!!!!
Used to live close to him for a number of years before I retired.
live now off 153/81 in Powdersville,behind Sonny's and BiLo

Oppps ,need to close the shades he runs over me with hopped up beast
ride safe,
edmund

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep 11 curves but man are they some really good curves

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
There are more curves at the beach. :shock:

Dep 8)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Winter
Did someone say winter, it's 10:10 Pm and the temperature is 70 degrees out. Could cool down Monday High only in the 60's

1 - 20 of 35 Posts