GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in north central Fl and I have Hibiscus and Gardenias blooming. Our grass is as green as in the spring and it has to be cut every 10 days. I have trees budding that have not lost all their leaves for the winter. Usually by this time of year everything is brown and dormant. We are in trouble if we get a hard freeze. There will be nothing in the spring because everything will be killed in the middle of a spring cycle. You guys get prayed up...The Bible tells us in the end times you will not be able to tell the seasons apart. Not to mention all of the ice storms in other places that are abnormal. Sorry this is not motorcycle related. However, it is worth observing.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
CharlieUPI said:
I live in north central Fl and I have Hibiscus and Gardenias blooming. Our grass is as green as in the spring and it has to be cut every 10 days. I have trees budding that have not lost all their leaves for the winter.
and ... worse, the stupid love bugs never disappeared ...
:x
man do they ever make a mess on the bike.
There, now it's motorcycle related.

Dennis

·
Registered
713 Posts
We can sure as hell tell the seasons apart up here - I'm freezin my teats off :D Thinking hard about coming down your way next month and enjoying some of your warm weather :D :D

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
CharlieUPI said:
The Bible tells us in the end times you will not be able to tell the seasons apart...
I wouldn't worry too much about the end of the world just yet. This one is even hard to blame totally on CO2. The weather boys noticed an "El Nino" warming of the Pacific and a few hundred mile shift of the jet stream. These come and go and tend to have a net wash around the globe. It's warmer than normal here and colder than normal there.

The bigger worry is something like 15 of the warmest years on record have occurred in the last 20 years. Even part of the Bush administration is jumping on the global warming bandwagon. The polar bear has been recommended for being declared endangered because the artic ice is melting and polar bears need it to hunt. We don't need to wait on God to destroy the Earth; we humans are perfectly capable ourselves.

To keep it GW related, if cages were outlawed we would instantly eliminate current traffic jams and cut one major component of CO2 by at least 2/3rds - probably more since many more people would demand to work from home on cold or wet days!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will say it makes for some great riding weather down here, so you guys come on down if you can.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
tomfranken wrote:

The bigger worry is something like 15 of the warmest years on record have occurred in the last 20 years.
But the record only goes back about 100 years or so...what about the millions of years before that?

Pish, posh...the earth has cycles

Either way we should reduce the burining of fossil fuels....but nobody wants to build a nuclear plant here in the US....and we can't use wind power as the windmills may hurt a bird or two....and solar power is out because solar panels are ugly and don't want them in my backyard

I wonder how much the new Chevy Volt will cost? Seems like a great vehicle for us suburban commuters....though not as good as my Goldwing!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Every place has an off season from time to time. We live on the Texas coast at the same latitude as Gainsville (I used to live in Williston) and here's what our back yard looked like 2 years ago:

I'm just sayin'

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just had to wash the cages this weekend. They have pollen all over them. That's a first for me during Jan.

Dep

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
And down here, it hasn't rained, so I had the cars washed yesterday...you know it...rained today!

The leaves just changed to red on the swamp maples, the cypress are just losing their folliage, and my pond is so low, the fish are flipping up for air.

But the weather is perfect otherwise!

oh, I didn't realize this was a "God" thread..thought it was about riding motorcycles in this beautiful weather...sorry for the interuption...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great news.... these are the END TIMES.

The signs are everywhere so it's something to celebrate because we know what God's going to do next.

Here's a hint, He's not going to destroy the world because He needs it for the next chapter of His plan.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
blinkin357 said:
Great news.... these are the END TIMES.

The signs are everywhere so it's something to celebrate because we know what God's going to do next.

Here's a hint, He's not going to destroy the world because He needs it for the next chapter of His plan.
'Guess that all depends on which side of God's graces you figure you're on! I'm guessing the 'Devil and I are going to have a little chat. I just hope he rides better than he plays a fiddle or the 'ole boy's gonna get embarrased a second time!

Hadn't thought about God needing the Earth for another chapter. Given the entire universe, I thought He would have some other rocks to play with.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If the end is near and God is coming, what color is the Goldwing ..??

HAHAHA!!! :D

Does God have satellite navigation or just know the way..??

Will God be pulling a trailer..??

Does God's Wing have a cupholder..??

Does God need heated clothes?

Did God buy Goldwings for all the Popes so they could ride together..??

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Such timing; found this trying to listen to online radio:

http://www.wbig.com/cc-common/news/sect ... le=1602027.

In brief:

-------------------

World Has 5 Minutes on Doomsday Clock

The hands of the world's Doomsday Clock were moved by global scientists Wednesday 2 minutes ahead to just 5 minutes from the end of civilization.

"We stand at the brink of a Second Nuclear Age," ...

"The dangers posed by climate change are nearly as dire as those posed by nuclear weapons," ...

The clock had been adjusted only 17 times prior to Wednesday.

---------------

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I heard that cold weather & rain follows bulldog every where he travels. Take a guess where he is heading to? Yep, Florida. LOL's

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yep, I've got a clock in the kitchen that doesn't keep good time, either. :roll:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
tomfranken said:
Such timing; found this trying to listen to online radio:

http://www.wbig.com/cc-common/news/sect ... le=1602027.

In brief:

-------------------

World Has 5 Minutes on Doomsday Clock

The hands of the world's Doomsday Clock were moved by global scientists Wednesday 2 minutes ahead to just 5 minutes from the end of civilization.

"We stand at the brink of a Second Nuclear Age," ...

"The dangers posed by climate change are nearly as dire as those posed by nuclear weapons," ...

The clock had been adjusted only 17 times prior to Wednesday.

---------------
5 minutes, eh? Who the heck are these "Scientists" anyway. What degree is required to be a doomsday scientist? Anyway, a visit to the Doomsday Clock website shows that we are doing better today than we were in 1953. Back then we had only two minutes:

IT IS 2 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
After much debate, the United States decides to pursue the hydrogen bomb, a weapon far more powerful than any atomic bomb. In October 1952, the United States tests its first thermonuclear device, obliterating a Pacific Ocean islet in the process; nine months later, the Soviets test an H-bomb of their own. “The hands of the Clock of Doom have moved again,” the Bulletin announces. "Only a few more swings of the pendulum, and, from Moscow to Chicago, atomic explosions will strike midnight for Western civilization."

Whether its God, terrorism, disease, or a spot of oil on an off ramp.... the end is near.

All this crap reminds me of my Grandmother's funeral last year. She died at the age of 102. My brother and I were clearing out her home (yes, she still lived independently) when he hollered to me from the kitchen, "No wonder she died... look at this crappy diet she had!"

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
now that's funny, Dorian!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts