GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What might one expect to pay to have the dealer replace the brake and clutch fluid and the coolant on an '04 ABS?

$150 sound about right, fluids included?

I

·
0 Posts
Get quotes. Surely you have more than one dealer in that area.

And you can do it yourself if you take the time to learn how.

Ride safe

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,764 Posts
kenkadish said:
What might one expect to pay to have the dealer replace the brake and clutch fluid and the coolant on an '04 ABS?

$150 sound about right, fluids included?
My dealer wanted 145 dollars to change the brake and clutch fluid. You are most likely looking at around 200 dollars to do your job.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the damage was $158.42, including fluid and tax for changing brake and clutch fluid and replacing coolant. Labor rate was $59/hr, and the parts came to $27.34; tax was $13.08.

All in all, I'm pleased...didn't break or spill anything, got a change to visit with the dealer staff and browse product for a few hours, and they did it while I waited.

Chenango Import Motors, Utica, NY.

Ronny, the Goldwing mechanic, is just terrific, as is the entire staff.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That labor rate seems a bit low...I'm almost positive it's more around here, but I could be wrong.

Did mine myself with the help of Fred's DVDs, looks like I saved over a hundred bucks! :wink:

·
Registered
761 Posts
You got a good deal. :shock: The labor rate at my local dealer is $85 per hour. Glad it worked out for you. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts