GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my bike Triked last May my FM radio has very poor reception. Before tricking I could set here in my yard and pick up radio stations I had programed in, but now It won't pick them up. Mine is a 2010 premium audio but it is no longer premium in my books. I took it back to the Honda dealer and had it checked under warranty and they say its fine. Mt riding buddy has a 2006 and he can pick up radio stations from my yard that I can't begin to receive. I'm open for sugestions for any fix i can try.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check and make sure the antenna is plugged in all the way. Did it start the day you got it triked? Also ground.
yes it was fine until I picked it up from being tricked. I will get my service manual out and see where the FM is located. I ran a ground wire from the bolt in the trunk that bolts the antenna on the trunk and grounded it to the frame with no change. I drove 18 wheeler for over 30 years and that was the first thing I would do to the cb antenna when I got a new truck because it was hard to get a good ground on the west coast mirrors

·
Registered
498 Posts
It may be that they forgot to plug the antenna connectors together after triking the bike, the connector is located under the seat towards the rear. It should be the standard Motorola plug.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
My FM radio reception went to crap and back right after I had HIDs installed... Took awhile before i convinced them something had suddenly changed and I was imagining it.. Finally found one of the ballasts was emitting something that was blocking the FM radio unless a very very strong station

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It may be that they forgot to plug the antenna connectors together after triking the bike, the connector is located under the seat towards the rear. It should be the standard Motorola plug.
I already checked under the seat and it is plugged in. It will receive strong stations but if I get any distance from them I lose them. I'm sure it has something to do with the antenna or the amplifier. I thought they left the amp off but I jacked it up and saw it and it is plugged in also.

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
Check to see if AM works. If you have an antenna problem, you won't have any AM at all. If AM is gone, they either did not plug the antenna lead into the back of the radio, or they damaged or pinched your antenna lead somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts