GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed a 2,000 mile week hubbing out of St. George, Utah with my son. I discovered something new to me on this trip...ear plugs that actually work for me.

I have always had trouble getting those slightly-contoured foam-plugs to "seal" in my ears. Especially my right ear.

After some 50+ years of riding, I have found how to make my bike new again...roll those beggars tight and put them in BACKWARDS ! Man, what a seal. :grin2:

·
Registered
260 Posts
You may already know but I'll throw it out there in case not.

Installing in right ear, use your left arm over your head and grab the top of your ear and pull up. Insert the rolled plug with your right hand and give a little wiggle then let go with your left hand.
Opposite for other side.......
It looks rather funny to others but that opens the ear for a better insertion.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The foam ones really hurt my ears after several long days, so I switched to the rubber "tree" style - specifically the ones from Pinlock.

But, they got "gummy" after a while, and seated poorly, so I found these tiny jars of petroleum jelly. I keep one in the right pocket along with the Pinlock ear plugs.

Just a little dab of that on the earplugs and they slide in easily, seat very well and therefore work twice as well, and they don't get as much schmoo on them.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Thanks "Thumper" excellent suggestion!:kiss:

Ronnie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts