GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered and will recieve in the next few days the foam inserts for around the front fork tubes. Who's runnin' them and what do I need to watch for with the install and use of them?

Tank you,

Denny :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have them and they do keep the wet dirty stuff from coming up from the front wheel when it's raining, somewhat. They also cut down on the cold air coming up from the same area in the winter. I have noticed that there is a noticeable buffeting with them in though. I take them out during the summer months in order to get more air flow and I do notice the buffeting is less when they are removed. Some folks swear by them but personally I can take 'em or leave 'em.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The air that comes up or through from the fork tube opening is vital to preventing the collapse of the riders "bubble". Blocking the air flow will dramatically increase the buffeting.

G

·
navyldo said:
The air that comes up or through from the fork tube opening is vital to preventing the collapse of the riders "bubble". Blocking the air flow will dramatically increase the buffeting.
Sure did not make any difference on my bike. What I did notice, is that with the Tunnel Fillers installed, I no longer get sand and dirt in my radio buttons. Before the fillers, I was always picking sand out with a toothpick. Since the fillers, no problem.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all........

Just thought that I would try them since the K1200LT didn't require them. The area is faired in and there is no place to allow debris to come up around the fork area.

Thanks for the input guys.

Denny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts