GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this summer I installed the FOBO Bike2 TPMS on my 2012 GL1800. It is now time for new tires and I am trying to decide if I want to have the FOBO T-Valves installed. I like the idea of the convenience but was wondering if anyone has installed the FOBO T-Valves but then for some reason regretted it? I understand the OEM TPMS light will stay on all the time (with ways to work around that issue) and I may miss an alert on my phone if a fast pressure drop occurs. Are there other things I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
657 Posts
just wait until you have to replace one or the other OEM TPMS and I think you will see that other TPMS are better and cheaper. Don't know about the FOBO set you have.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
A few years ago I bought the T valves from Buckskin. They worked great. Then I bought a new set as I change the valves every so often. The newer ones are shorter. I have had trouble with most air hoses and some pressure gauges fitting on the valve. The tab on the wheel won't let the air hose fit properly with the shorter valves. I ended up buying a set of extenders for a couple bucks. Not a big deal but one more thing to keep track of and find each time I add air. If anyone knows where to get the longer ones I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I put the T stems on during last tire change. That was on an 06. no regrets at all. On my 2012 I've had the TPMS light on for years. It doesn't bother me. I like being able to check the pressure without getting on the ground. I don't understand why you wouldn't get the alerts on your phone though. Is that because you won't hear/feel your phone when it sends a message? I'd be surprised if you wouldn't feel a big pressure loss, but I guess it could happen. Especially with a run-flat square tire on the back.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Aloha RandyH,

CSC Trikes has a plug and play wiring set up for the 2017 and older bikes that will bypass the dash TPMS light.
You have to call them to order and it's about $50.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Aloha RandyH,

CSC Trikes has a plug and play wiring set up for the 2017 and older bikes that will bypass the dash TPMS light.
Or a small piece of electrical tape for about $.000000001
I just ignore it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Have Fobo T-valves on both my MCs. Why wouldn't you.?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback and options to deal with the TPMS light staying on. I dropped the bike off at the dealer today with the t-valves and installation instructions, and asked them to install the t-valves with the new tires. I'm going to try the "free" option for the light being on and see if I can just ignore it.

I put the T stems on during last tire change. That was on an 06. no regrets at all. On my 2012 I've had the TPMS light on for years. It doesn't bother me. I like being able to check the pressure without getting on the ground. I don't understand why you wouldn't get the alerts on your phone though. Is that because you won't hear/feel your phone when it sends a message? I'd be surprised if you wouldn't feel a big pressure loss, but I guess it could happen. Especially with a run-flat square tire on the back.
glarson3, you guessed it. Neither my wife or I have our phones connected to the intercom system, so my concern was that neither of us would hear or feel an alarm.

Have Fobo T-valves on both my MCs. Why wouldn't you.?
I like to say I'm pragmatic, my wife says I'm pessimistic. When something is new to me, I tend to think of all kinds of things that could go wrong, which I then try to avoid. My original post was just me wanting to make sure there weren't bad experiences out there that I should consider before deciding to install the t-valves.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Aloha RandyH,

Or go to Cruisemans page and watch the simple video on how to bypass it easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts