1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Ill let you know , I just order one should be here next week

·
Registered
557 Posts
Not a spokesperson for J&M but having known John Lazzeroni for a couple of years now and traded many emails and voicemails, my advice would be to go to a motorcycle show near you and test listen to John's BT-04s and any competing brand. These particular Fodsports units do indeed share the same case and button setup (aka 'form factor') as the BT-04's but the software and hardware living inside the units is very different. Plus you won't get better support after the sale than you with with J&M. Just sayin'....

Reactions: William Anzik

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Bluetooth headsets are so touchy that I would not buy any that are not from the big 3, J&M, Sena, and Scala. These may be expensive but they have some support.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I initially had J&M BT03- the issue with BT03 is that with second headset connected I could listen to music, switch to intercom but I couldn't switch back to music. J&M sold them with upgrade once BT04 was available and they honored this commitment. The Fodsport behaves the same way as the BT03- riding solo it is non issue. The sound/performance is fine if using without intercom. Music, Siri and phone calls work well. If riding solo and you don't switch to intercom everything is fine.
I haven't tried the BT04 as they are on full helmets and they are too warm for me during nicer weather.

That said, if you ride solo, and don't care about intercom either the Fodsport or BT03 work well. Neither the Fodsport or BT03 worked correctly once intercom was initiated. I'd go with BT04 or a Sena set if you want to do it all (music, intercom, Siri) although I haven't tested BT04 yet.

I did have a problem with passenger mic making noise with Fodsport - I contacted seller on Amazon and he quickly sent out a new set of 2 headsets. There wasn't a lot of discussion about replacement. He was not aware of 2018 Gold Wing and resolving intercom/music. His solution was to pair phone to helmets rather than to the bike and check for issues. I didn't want to do that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have been using the Fodsports Headset since April. They work well and remain connected easily. I have not ridden long enough for the battery to run out and I have have days long rides. The only thing I will say is a detriment is that the lower bass tones when listening to music would be better. The phone sounds good and the microphone(s) work well too. Hope this helps

·
Vendor
22,058 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts