GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2008 honda goldwing 1800 motor trike my lower fog light burned out. is there a way to replace just the bulb? thank you

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Good question! I'm all ears :confused:

Ronnie

·
Chard Member
12,733 Posts
If it’s Hondaline or Big Bike the answer is yes. Remove the light then remove the back of the light. Simple replace the bulb

Don’t remember the bulb number but it was available at NAPA.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Bulb is H3, 35 watt. The 50 watt bulb pulls more current than the cheap Honda switch can take, switch will fail.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
You will have to remove the center cowl and lower cowl to access the fog light assembly. It's really not that difficult to do. If I remember correctly (my mind has never been good at remembering minor details) there are several plastic push pins, a few phillips screws (one being at the top of the center cowl) and several allen head bolts that hold the center and lower cowls in place.

·
Chard Member
12,733 Posts
the only letters is see are P E D and that is on the plug. and on plate under bulb H3 12V 55W

How about pictures of the frt and rear of the light?
55w isn’t the stock wattage of Big Bike or Hondaline halogen driving lights

·
Registered
718 Posts
Is this fog light in the cowl or in the Aqua Shields (running boards)? Lower doesn't really pin point location... If it is Aqua Shield, I understand MT is the only source. There are several sources for cowl mounted lights so your search may be a long one.

Good Luck finding what you need...

·
Registered
255 Posts
If it's the running board (aqua shield) light, I've replaced the bulb in mine. One bolt holds the light in place and is accessed from below. There's a couple of screws (don't remember how many exactly) that you take out to take apart the light then you have to splice the wires. I found these at PepBoys

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts