GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 GL1800
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and with a 2019 GL1800 Tour. I am in the process of installing the Honda fog lights and after reviewing many forum notes and video's I took a short cut on installing the console button. I followed "Fast 2018 Helibar" install video (
) and then Cruisemans directions on how to install the button. It took approximately 30-minutes to complete.

Waiting on the lights as the dealer used the old code on the order but I should have them soon. The lights appear to be a quick install, I hope.

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
You might as well take it apart and learn it as you are going to need to tear it apart for the air filter. I have had mine apart a few times now and it has become rather easy and less than half the time it took the first time I did it. Besides, you will most likely find all kinds of lost odds and ends that have been left in the bike along with making sure everything is tightened up like it should have been when they built the bike. JMHO

·
Registered
26 Posts
You think like me, I did the trunk delete 1 time by the instructions. I cut it down to 30-45 minutes from 3-4 hours the next time.

Thanks for sharing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
You might as well take it apart and learn it as you are going to need to tear it apart for the air filter. I have had mine apart a few times now and it has become rather easy and less than half the time it took the first time I did it. Besides, you will most likely find all kinds of lost odds and ends that have been left in the bike along with making sure everything is tightened up like it should have been when they built the bike. JMHO
You think like me, I did the trunk delete 1 time by the instructions. I cut it down to 30-45 minutes from 3-4 hours the next time.

Thanks for sharing this.

I can see both sides.. more practice parts on the air filter change process is what makes it faster... but if ya don't gotta, why go thru it... rider/wrench's choice... :D

thanks for more options

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can see both sides.. more practice parts on the air filter change process is what makes it faster... but if ya don't gotta, why go thru it... rider/wrench's choice... :D

I have video scope that I check the air filter with. I have already disassembled the bike that far once and was glad to see someone took the time to show a shortcut. Pulling all those clips and painted pieces over and over again is just asking for trouble as far as I am concerned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts