GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2015 40th anniversary edition to replace my 2006.
I've decided to move the modifications (Traxxion suspension, fog lights , trailer hitch & CB) on my 2006 to my 2015.
After removing the CB I found that the plug on the 2006 unit is incompatible with the audio unit socket on the 2015. So, I had to re-install it to the 2006.
Before I find myself in the same boat regarding the other mods, I thought I'd seek the guidance here...that I shoild have gotten before I started.🙄

Can anyone tell me whether the fog lights will swap out ok?
How about the trailer hitch?
I'm pretty certain the Traxxion Dynamics suspension should swap ok, but if anyone knows differently, please enlighten me.

·
Chard Member
12,733 Posts
Fog lights will mount but you’ll need a switch for a air bagger or a ‘12 or later switch.

Think something changed on the hitch location because of the different rear fender. Someone should know for sure.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Fog lights on the '06 are round and the shape of the '15 is a big difference. Trailer Hitch will NOT fit either. Contact Sierra Electronics and see if they still carry the adapter cables for the CB to mate to the '15.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
The Early to later CB adapter is no longer available. I just went through this 2 years ago with my 2005 to my new 2016.
What I concluded....
The best bet is to sell the old CB to offset the cost of a new one that is wired to match.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
The fog lights will fit. You will end up with a gap around the lights though.You will need a different switch since the mounting holes are different.
As far as the hitch, it will depend on the brand. A Bushtec hitch will fit but you will need to change the hitch head. The 2012+ takes a longer bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts