GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the Hondaline GL1800 Fog Light Lens Protectors?

I'm headed for Alaska later this year and I understand that it is a good idea to protect any glass that you can. My chief concern is that the sales info sez that you have to drill some holes to install these. Are the holes in places that show? I hate to think of these protectors as a permanent installation.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Actually they are about the neatest looking on a bike (Hondaline). Easy to install and easy to remove for cleaning.

Of all that I have seen and dealt with, the Hondaline wins all the way, even though they are a bit pricey!

Bulldog

·
Registered
328 Posts
I installed these over my EC Platinum lights. Very satisfied. Easy to take off and clean. You will drill 6 large holes in the lower cowling. Measure carefully and mark with felt tip pen. I use pieces of 1/8" (3/16"?)foam as a spacer to mark. Worth the extra bucks.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
try this

I have cee-bailey orange fog light covers. They really stand out in traffic,
even work better than my modulator.

i screwed mine on with a screw on each side with a toggle bolt on each side , works for me, been on for over 3 years with zero problems.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I guess that the real question now is are the holes that you drill terribly noticable with the protecive cover removed?

·
Registered
905 Posts
sounds like a good idea ... anybody got pictures ?
I'd sure like to see them before I start drilling holes.

TIA

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Pricey but nicey
I have em

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Here's another option..............3M headlight armor in 25 mil thickness which is also available for foglights.

http://www.headlightarmor.com/honda-motorcycle-headlight-protection-kit.aspx

Comes in several colors and also includes clear. The clear is not visible at all and looks like stock headlights or foglights.
They have specific kits for the headlights. They don't have the foglights listed but if you call them and tell them the diameter of the foglight they can give you the correct part to order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts