GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a set of used fog light for 2002 wing. am i correct the long bolts go on the right side facing the bike and short bolts on the left. also i thought there are spacers for the left side but none were sent. i received a long and two short spacers for the right side .. send help
tnxs:surprise:

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts
i bought a set of used fog light for 2002 wing. am i correct the long bolts go on the right side facing the bike and short bolts on the left. also i thought there are spacers for the left side but none were sent. i received a long and two short spacers for the right side .. send help
tnxs:surprise:
Sorry ... but as lefts and rights go, it should always be from an operators point of view as if sitting in the riders seat and operating the vehicle. So your left is my right.

Yes ... the right side has one spacer and the left side will have 3. The longer bolts go on the left side. The left side has longer spacers because the left head sits about 3/4" farther back then the head on the right. If you look at the spacer stacking for the left fog lamp, once you stack the shorter spacers with the spacers that are in the black shield, you will see that those equal the length of the longer spacer.

The same must happen for the right fog lamp too ... all spacer stacking on the right side must all be equal to. Therefore, once the black shields are installed with their built-in-spacers, the inner mount bolt needs a spacer of equal thickness too, or your fog lamps will never align correctly. I'm not at my shop until Monday, but am sure that I have some in stock that I've source from an online vender. If you need one send me a PM.

If your fog lamps are Hondaline, you can find an instructions set here.

http://www.justwings.com/Printed_Material.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts