GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Not that fit the "square" hole. Bikemp3 has a lot of lights that will fit and he also has inserts that allow you to use any engine mount round light. The insert fills the gap.
I have the inserts on my 2012 and am using the Honda OEM LED lights. Not perfect but it looks good.

·
Registered
351 Posts
They have the LED lights, 08V70-MCA-S40, $499.95.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
electrical connection

did Honda ever make OEM fog lights for our 2012 and up Wings?
board sponsor, lewis with electrical connections has the best brightest lower cowl lights, i have the honda led on my 14, got at time of purchase, but am changing them out with the single shooter, ion color, or you can get white. you can look on his website for more info. They are crazy bright.!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
board sponsor, lewis with electrical connections has the best brightest lower cowl lights, i have the honda led on my 14, got at time of purchase, but am changing them out with the single shooter, ion color, or you can get white. you can look on his website for more info. They are crazy bright.!!

Nice bike and color! :)

Please post up a review (installation and functionality) here when you get them installed and tested; I am considering a set of fog lamps for my 2012, and noticed the Hondaline LED's are five hundred dollars, while EC's are two hundred dollars less (for white with OEM switch). As I am on the fence, thinking that brighter is usually better, although in fog it is not always the case, even with the flat and low beam pattern that Lewis mentions on his web site.

Around here, the fog lamps are also good to help spot the potholes in the road before they spot the bike. ;)

·
Registered
246 Posts

Please post up a review (installation and functionality) here when you get them installed and tested; I am considering a set of fog lamps for my 2012, and noticed the Hondaline LED's are five hundred dollars, while EC's are two hundred dollars less (for white with OEM switch). As I am on the fence, thinking that brighter is usually better, although in fog it is not always the case, even with the flat and low beam pattern that Lewis mentions on his web site.

Around here, the fog lamps are also good to help spot the potholes in the road before they spot the bike. ;)
:agree: I am doing the same, researching and talking trying to find the ones I wanna get for my 2012..

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
had single shooters on my 12

ok, i had the single shooters on 2012, actually one light burnt out, on my trip thru tenn, i went and saw lewis in knoxville and he has since updated the original lights added a fan, so he fixed mine while i waited.
The white ones are very very bright, but are too bright for night time, to oncoming traffic, but great for daytime, which is my #1 priority.
Sold that bike, bought my new 14, in January and had Russellville add the honda leds. They are very good for night driving and daytime when it is gloomy or late evening.
Now im about to get the ion (yellow) installed, because they should really be noticeable, about to take a 5000 mile trip this summer.
Keith at goldwingwerks is buying my honda leds when he installs my new single shooter.
Good things about the ec single shooters, lewis is a phone call away no matter where you bought them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am gonna bite the bullet tomorrow when I get up and order me a set from Lewis. I have tonight to decide if I wanna go with the ion's or white. I think I am gonna try tackling installing them myself and if I get in trouble Lewis isnt but about 1.5 hrs down the road :thumbup:..

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I added the BikeMP3 960 Extreme on my 2012. They are very bright and noticeable, day or night.
Same here. They are very bright, and easy to install. Like Lewis(EC), Pete at BikeMP3 is also just a phone call away. I had a call back from Pete, and my problem solved within 30 minutes of my initial call on a Friday afternoon. It ended up being operator error, not a problem with the product. Another happy customer.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Is the wiring for the fog light switch easily accessible (i.e., without pulling off the top shelter)? I have not yet received my new service manual or DVD's and assume there is an unused connector pre-wired and intended for the fog lamp switch.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Is the wiring for the fog light switch easily accessible (i.e., without pulling off the top shelter)? I have not yet received my new service manual or DVD's and assume there is an unused connector pre-wired and intended for the fog lamp switch.
Pull the left side fairing trim (I use a popsicle stick sharpened to flat edge, start at the bottom of the strip and work to the top) and then the left pocket and the panel with the radio buttons. Plug is down inside the left pocket cavity toward the back of the shelter. A little hard to find right away. Hardest part is removing and re-installing the back cover on the buttons.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
:roll::roll::roll: the afterm,arket dont seem to last as long as oem ! :cry::cry: dont ask how i know ! 14 months 1 burnt out - 12 month warr. - $105 for new led bulb :shock::shock: went with bling and used old led brackets n wire so now plug n play - just change a h3 bulb n good to go . will see down the road how these work out ! under $70

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a set of the Honda LED lights if someone wants them. I took them out because I wanted more. I installed a pair of JW Speaker 90mm LED projection low beams into the fog light position. These are almost as white as my HIDs and shine further down the road. They only draw 18 watts per bulb and have the low beam cut off line so they don't blind on coming traffic. These aren't in the same league as any fog light options.
When I figure out how to add pictures you will see them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts