GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
I’m guessing a protective film cut to size would be the best way at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Art H.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I’m guessing a protective film cut to size would be the best way at this point.
You're not talking about protective film on the lights are you? I suspect that if the lights have any reasonable amount of lumens, even LCD lights would be too hot for a protective film. But who knows, maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. I was wrong once before. :wink2:

·
Registered
356 Posts
You're not talking about protective film on the lights are you? I suspect that if the lights have any reasonable amount of lumens, even LCD lights would be too hot for a protective film. But who knows, maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. I was wrong once before. :wink2:

They make them for headlights, no?

·
Registered
356 Posts
WeatherTech makes their lamp guard film. 3M makes one too. I’d be surprised to hear the lights running too hot for the film to withstand.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The film looks pretty expensive for the amount you would use. I am looking for a grill type guard. Maybe I will find something I can MacGyver to fit...

·
Registered
61 Posts
WeatherTech makes their lamp guard film. 3M makes one too. I’d be surprised to hear the lights running too hot for the film to withstand.

I have the 3M film on mine and it works great, no over-heating problem.

Reactions: Order66

·
Registered
297 Posts
My friend Steve managed to get a rock to crack his headlight. $2500 to replace! Ouch!

·
Registered
19,254 Posts
Never had a headlight or fog light get busted on any vehicle ever. Guess I am lucky

I don't mind rolling this dice

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
I had the the bright yellow over lens plates on my 2002; not amber, but similar effect in fog or tunnel driving. Film might be even better.

prs

·
15 year Member
6,898 Posts
I bought the “lamin-x” perfect fit and lots of tints...

https://www.lamin-x.com/

There’s NO Goldwing, so I measured the lights the model that fits is SB-225

Mattbcnv

·
15 year Member
6,898 Posts
Just get into the website and order 2.25 round film they come in 7 tints plus clear....

Mattbcnv

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just get into the website and order 2.25 round film they come in 7 tints plus clear....

Mattbcnv
+1 on Lamin-X. The material is a heavy compound and will add some protection from smaller impacts. Mine have been on for over 20K mi and look as new. I checked on my order confirmation email and mine were 2.75" universal SB-2.75Y 2.75" Yellow Round Light Covers"

Matt's 2.25" may fit better I don't know because I cannot remember if I had to trim mine or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
Matt,
You have the yellow tint? Have you ridden at night to see what happens to the level of light produced? Curious to know about that. Have a friend who has put amber covers (not the same but same concept) on his R1200RT and it makes him very obvious compared to a white-lighted bike when he's coming at you.

QUOTE=Matt(BCNV);5489945]Just get into the website and order 2.25 round film they come in 7 tints plus clear....

Mattbcnv[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts