17,453 Posts
thats how mine are . stay on with high beams :bow::bow:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Fog Lights

Contact Electrical Connections
They have the mod to allow lower lights to be on with both Hi and Lo beams

Good products and great company to deal with.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,200 Posts
If you cut the solid blue wire at the fog light cutout relay under the left fairing pocket, the fogs will stay on whether the high beams are on or not.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Techdude2000 - I would like to do that, as I would like my fog lights during high & low beam. Do you have a picture of that particular relay?

Thanks!
Reg

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The EC jumper works great and best of all, it plug and play

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
IronMan
17,453 Posts
:roll::roll::roll:thats what i got - jumper - had mine out today n looked at .

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,200 Posts
Techdude2000 - I would like to do that, as I would like my fog lights during high & low beam. Do you have a picture of that particular relay?

Thanks!
Reg
Sorry, no, but if you look at the harness that comes to the back of the fog light switch, follow the wires to the cutout relay and clip the solid blue wire at the 4 pin connector. Be careful there's another wire with blue on it, but it's brown and blue. The one you want to clip is just blue.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it legal to drive with that many lights on at one time? I was pulled over by a cop and told the max in Wisconsin is 4 lights, was in my truck at t time.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,200 Posts
The Honda optional fog lights turn off with the high beams, if your fogs stay on all the time it's because they are either not Honda's or they have been modified to stay on by cutting this wire or by adding on someone else's circuit.

Honda's version has this cutout relay that is not energized when the low beams are on and the fog light power runs through it's normally closed contacts. When the high beams are on, the high beam power is tapped and comes to the cutout relay to energize it, disconnecting the fog light power. By cutting the blue wire you remove the high beam power coming to the relay so the fogs have power any time their switch is on.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Make sure to check your state laws

As stated above for Wisconsin, it is illegal in many states to run with more than four lights up front. On high beam, there are four lights on already and the fogs would make it six. It's obviously up to each of us; but just a caution.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Is it legal to drive with that many lights on at one time? I was pulled over by a cop and told the max in Wisconsin is 4 lights, was in my truck at t time.
It's not just Wisconsin.Most, if not all states have that law.
Its a senseless law too. They require motorcycles to have headlights on at all times for visibility, but I guess that they don't want us to be too visible! I'm sure glad we have lawmakers to protect us from ourselves!

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's not just Wisconsin.Most, if not all states have that law.
Its a senseless law too. They require motorcycles to have headlights on at all times for visibility, but I guess that they don't want us to be too visible! I'm sure glad we have lawmakers to protect us from ourselves!
You can verify your states current session codes & statutes via your states official web site or LexisNexis.

Georgia codes and statutes allows for motorcycles up to x2 headlights. (GL1800 one side ( hi and low) equate to x1 headlight, the assembly is certified by DOT as 1 head light, not the number of bulbs) All vehicles X2 fog lights must be 12" off ground x1 driving light and x1 passing light that can be ran at one time. So here in Ga, I can run high beams with the fogs on and still add x2 more lights legally.

Current session Codes and Statutes for Georgia.

40-8-22. Headlights
40-8-29. Spotlights, foglights, and auxiliary lights permitted
40-8-30. Standards for multiple-beam road lighting equipment
40-8-31. Use of multiple-beam road lighting equipment

1 - 20 of 20 Posts