GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used '09 Classic. PO tried to show us how it folded up but weren't quite sure as how it should go as they haven't done it more than a couple of times. Got it home, opened it up, put up the screen room and marvelled at all the room. Now to put it all back together. So now we need help as to how to put it away without all the canvas and windows bunching up and possible of it catching and tearing of things. If someone has a video of how to do it properly or willing to talk or write it out for us that would be of great help.

·
Registered
178 Posts
When I went to get ours I ask them to show how to set it up. it took them 20 minutes and looked like the first time they ever set it up then they had to take it down that was a mess. On the way home I had to stop and push it back under cover. It just takes a few times to find out what works best I will take some pics in a few days it may help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congratulations on your "new" Aspen. You are going to love it! Go to the Trailmaster website at www.trailmasterinc.com. Click on lightweight pop-up campers and you can download the set-up instructions. If that fails call Peggy at 800 398 9090. She is very helpful.

·
Registered
630 Posts
+1

Peggy is awesome. Call her if you have any questions!

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Classic Door

The videos are great one thing I have learned is that when I get ready to fold it up is that I roll the door up and tie it off. This makes it much easier to get out of it as you are closing it up. Then when you are checking to make sure that your pads are up it is very easy to close the door and zipit up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the video link.:thumbup: It showed us roughly what we were doing wrong so now we will go out and practice this weekend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the video link.:thumbup: It showed us roughly what we were doing wrong so now we will go out and practice this weekend.

Sure thing! I have watched the first video (take-down) several times and I still can't get the tent/screen material to pull out and then tuck in nearly as cleanly at they do in the video. I still worry about pinching the matierial. I hope to be a pro someday! :bow:

·
Registered
714 Posts
I had a little trouble at 1st also while trying to fold the pop-up back up when finished. After a few times I finally figured it out. I'm not sure if it is correct or perfect, but it seems to work. Hopefully, I don't have anything pinched in there.

One thing to remember though is to be sure to pull the stands up. A couple of times are started to pull out and forgot to raise the front stands up. I can only imagine what would have happened if I had hit a speed bump. Sheesh....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts