GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread was getting long.

If you did the spring only, and perhaps valves, did you dissable the anti-dive or leave it operational?

How much was the springs? Valves?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I did the springs only. I paid $ 125.00 for the springs. Then the new fluid. I installed a spacer on the valve instead of grinding off the end. I do not know too much about the valve. If anybody does maybe they can chime in. I already had the All Balls installed before the springs. I had the Kury brace installed about a month 6 months after the springs. I was able to ride the bike alot between the different changes. The springs were a huge vast improvement.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Great White Wing
After I installled the Traxxion springs I disabled the Anti-dive and would recommend it to everyone with Traxxion springs. With the front end properly supported the anti-dive no longer is required. IMHO. I have since upgraded to the full system.

To completely disable the Anti dive, here is what I did. Get a piece of 1" PVC pipe. (gray stuff) Cut it to exactly .300 inch long, ensuring both ends are square, no angle cuts here. I cut it with a hack saw then ground it to length with a belt sander. Use a dremmel tool to slightly enlarge the inside diameter so that it sits down over the ridge on the plunger unit. Get two bolts slightly longer than the stock ones and screw the plunger back on the anti-dive unit with the spacer inbetween. Done. The outside diameter is just right so that the screws will go straight down and align with the holes. As a bonus the pipe is gray and will blend nicely into the fork and the unit is sealed so no dirt will get in.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cal-D said:
Great White Wing
After I installled the Traxxion springs I disabled the Anti-dive and would recommend it to everyone with Traxxion springs. With the front end properly supported the anti-dive no longer is required. IMHO. I have since upgraded to the full system.

To completely disable the Anti dive, here is what I did. Get a piece of 1" PVC pipe. (gray stuff) Cut it to exactly .300 inch long, ensuring both ends are square, no angle cuts here. I cut it with a hack saw then ground it to length with a belt sander. Use a dremmel tool to slightly enlarge the inside diameter so that it sits down over the ridge on the plunger unit. Get two bolts slightly longer than the stock ones and screw the plunger back on the anti-dive unit with the spacer inbetween. Done. The outside diameter is just right so that the screws will go straight down and align with the holes. As a bonus the pipe is gray and will blend nicely into the fork and the unit is sealed so no dirt will get in.
My anti-dive is already disabled with 3 M4 washers. Works well for me and thanks for the info on what you did and your eperiences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts